Subject: [dhcwg] Comments on draft-cadar-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-email-00.txt/draft-cadar-dhc-opt-imap-00.txt

From: Cristian Cadar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 12:23:23 +0200

Hello,

Since I am dealing with email configuration issues I found out that 
there is no DHCPv4 option for IMAP defined
and no SMTP, IMAP and POP3 options for DHCPv6 available yet.
In order to have them fixed I submitted two drafts to the IETF:

ftp://ftp.ccrle.nec.de/pub/internet-drafts/draft-cadar-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-email-00.txt

ftp://ftp.ccrle.nec.de/pub/internet-drafts/draft-cadar-dhc-opt-imap-00.txt

May I ask you for your comments and possibly to put the drafts on the 
DHC working list?

Thank you,
Cristian

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 09:32:54 -0700

I guess my first question about this is why?   Why would you want a 
client to trust the DHCP server to tell you what IMAP server to 
contact?   What if you wind up talking to a rogue server, or roam to a 
different network?   These don't seem like things that are 
location-dependent - they seem like things that you want to configure 
on the client and not change as the client moves around.