Subject: [dhcwg] dhc WG last call on draft-ietf-dhc-proxyserver-opt-00

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 17:34:49 -0400

This message announces a WG last call on "DHCP Option for Proxy Server
Configuration" <draft-ietf-dhc-proxyserver-opt-00>.  The last call
will conclude at 1700 EDT, 2004-07-30.

Please respond to this WG last call.  If you support acceptance of the
document without change, respond with a simple acknowledgment, so that
support for the document can be assessed.

"DHCP Option for Proxy Server Configuration" defines a Dynamic Host
Configuration Protocol (DHCP) option that can be used to configure the
TCP/IP host's Proxy Server configuration for standard protocols like
HTTP, FTP, NNTP, SOCKS, Gopher, SLL and etc. Proxy servers provide
controlled and efficient access to the Internet through the use of
access control mechanisms for different types of user requests and
caching frequently accessed information (Web pages and other files
that might have been downloaded using FTP and other protocols).  This
draft is available as
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-proxyserver-opt-00.txt

- Ralph Droms 

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg