Subject: [dhcwg] All_DHCP_SERVERS Multicast address

From: "OTA Masazumi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 16:47:44 +0900

Hello,

Could you please answer my question about All_DHCP_SERVERS Multicast address?

Can I think that the All_DHCP_SERVERS multicast packet defined as Site
local Address exceeds router in the same site? 

On the other hand, it is a direction where the use of a site local
address with IPv6 is prohibited. How is the All_DHCP_SERVERS multicast
address used for the future? 

Masazumi

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 12:30:50 +0200

> local Address exceeds router in the same site? 

The site boundary should be defined on the border routers so that they
don't forward packets or send e.g. PIM messages for site-scoped groups
outside the site.

> address used for the future? 

It's only the site local unicast addresses that are gone. Scoping for
IPv6 multicast has not changed in any way.

Stig

---

From: "OTA Masazumi/太田正純" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 19:56:10 +0900

Thank you for your reply.

I understood 
 Border router judge whether packets can pass or not.
 Site local multicast address is alive.

-Masazumi