Subject: implementations?

From: George Tsirtsis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 10:21:02 -0400

Hi all,

Has anyone implemented the authentication features in DHCP? private e-mail
will do if you do not want to say on the list.

Thanks
George

---

From: Roop Mukherjee <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 11:51:03 -0400 (EDT)

Yes, we have a prototype implementation of the authentication proposal of
draft-mukherjee-dhc-dhcproam.txt. It was done by using the ISC DHCP
implementation and radlib. The system could check for signatures, do
challenge response and interface to a off-the-shelf RADIUS server. We
tested the system with an AAA server (livingstone implementation).
The whole thing was fairly simple and took less than a month. We though
that these intial signs made it quite an attractive thing from the
deployment point of view.

I would be happy to provide more information if anyone is interested.

-- Roop
________________________________________

> will do if you do not want to say on the list.
________________________________________