Subject: reserve hostname in DHCP/DDNS

From: "Hannah O Day" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 08:02:50 -0500

Hope some of you can help me with this one:

I'm trying to reserve a hostname for a particular client by using the
client statement and option 12.    The syntax looks like below:

client 1 MACaddress IPaddress
     {
          option 12  uniquehostname
     }

>From what I understand this should prevent other users from using this
"uniquehostname" since it's reserved for this particular Mac.  But from
what I observed, it's not working.  I can still use this same hostname for
other Macs.

Another question I have is will this client statement work in a global
container level?  The purpose is to prevent clients crossing subnets from
using the same hostname.

Thank you!

Hannah Day
-----
I/T Network Support,