Subject: RE: Suffix search order RFC

From: Stuart Cheshire <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 15:04:40 -0700

>Bob,
>The draft draft-aboba-dhc-domsearch-01.txt was submitted for this, but has
>since expired.  I don't believe there has been any renewed interest...
>
>Regards,
>Greg

There's *interest*. This is very useful, and we'd implement it in a 
moment at Apple just as soon as it gets an IANA option code. 
Unfortunately everyone involved is very busy, and I think the draft just 
languished.

I'm resisting the temptation to offer to resurrect it myself because I 
have other obligations I need to catch up with before I take on more work.

The Classless Static Route Option is another example of a useful feature 
just waiting for the ink to dry and the IANA option code to be assigned.

Stuart Cheshire <[email-masked]>
 * Wizard Without Portfolio, Apple Computer
 * Chairman, IETF ZEROCONF
 * www.stuartcheshire.org

---

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 16:04:50 -0700 (PDT)

I've updated the draft and resubmitted it. Should be posted on the archive
soon.