Subject: [dhcwg] Multiple subnets on the same VLAN

From: "Araujo, Andre Sousa Dantas De (Andre)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 10:20:23 -0300

All,

   we have one VLAN with 2 subnets configured on it (e.g. subnet 90 and
100). My DHCP server has one Scope for each subnet. The IP address of the
DHCP server is 100.2.

   When a client on this VLAN requests an address, how the DHCP server
determine the subnet it will belong to? We have disabled the scope 90 for
tests purposes and the clients still get addresses from the subnet 100. But
if we disable the scope 100 the clients can´t get any IP address.

   Do you have any hints of what is happening?

   Thanks,

--
André Araújo (Database Administrator)
Lucent Technologies - Brazil
Global Infrastructure Operations - GIO
Phone/Fax: + 55 19 3707 7890

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg