Subject: [dhcwg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dhc-concat-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 07:56:20 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Encoding Long Options in DHCPv4
	Author(s)	: T. Lemon, S. Cheshire
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dhc-concat-05.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2002-9-11
	
This document specifies the processing rules for DHCPv4 options
that appear multiple times in the same message.  Multiple
instances of the same option are generated when an option exceeds
255 octets in size (the maximum size of a single option) or when
an option needs to be split apart in order to take advantage of
DHCP option overloading.  When multiple instances of the same
option appear in the options, file and/or sname fields in a DHCP
packet, the contents of these options are concatenated together
to form a single option prior to processing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-concat-05.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dhc-concat-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-concat-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 10:56:36 -0400

> 	Filename	: draft-ietf-dhc-concat-05.txt

FYI, this version (as was the case with some other recent versions)
incorporates some editorial clarifications that came out of IESG
review. At this point, all known issues with this document have been
resolved AFAIK, and I expect the IESG to approve it shortly.

Thomas
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg