Subject: [dhcwg] Question about draft-troan-dhcpv6-opt-prefix-delegation-01.txt

From: Jean-Mickael Guerin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 10:01:16 +0200

The draft gives an example of network architecture which involves a AAA 
server. In this case, what information the delegating router can give to 
identify the subscriber, in order that AAA server selects the right 
subscriber's prefix ?

-- 

Jean-Mickael GUERIN
Tel : +33 1 39 30 92 33
Web site : www.6wind.com

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: Ole Troan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 15:19:06 +0100

> The draft gives an example of network architecture which involves a
> AAA server. In this case, what information the delegating router can
> give to identify the subscriber, in order that AAA server selects the
> right subscriber's prefix ?

if the customer is connected to the delegating router via a link which
already uses authentication, then that "identity" can also be used for
PD. e.g point to point links with PPP authentication.

I suppose you could also use a DHCP clientid.

/ot