Subject: RE: [dhcwg] WG last call on draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-timeconfig- 01.txt

From: "Bernie Volz (EUD)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 15:10:02 -0600

I fully support publication of this document.

There are a few minor items that could be addressed:

For:
      Time     Time has the same format as Offset, except that no
               leading ``-'' or ``+'' is permitted.  The default is
               02:00:00.
should the description indicate that time is the time of the daylight savings
time change?

For:

6. Appearance of these option

   The NTP servers and IEEE 1003.1 POSIX Timezone options MUST appear 
   only in the following messages: Solicit, Advertise, Request, 
   Confirm, Renew, Rebind, Information-Request, Reply.

I have the same issue as I did for
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-nisconfig-01.txt.
Please see my comments for that last call; these essentially apply to this
document as well.

Oh, (missed this in the nisconfig option as well), but the reference to the
base DHCPv6 specification will need to be updated - hopefully to the RFC but
at least to -28.

- Bernie Volz

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Droms [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 3:37 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [dhcwg] WG last call on
draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-timeconfig-01.txt

This message announces a WG last call on "Time Configuration Options for
DHCPv6" <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-timeconfig-01.txt>. The last call will
conclude on Friday, 2/28.

draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-timeconfig-01.txt specifies describes the
DHCPv6 options for time related configuration information: NTP Servers
and IEEE 1003.1 POSIX Timezone specifier.  This draft is available as
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-timeconfig-01.txt

- Ralph Droms

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: "Vijayabhaskar A K" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 20:18:04 +0530

Bernie,
See my reply inline prefixed by VJ.
~Vijay

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Bernie
Volz (EUD)
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 2:40 AM
To: 'Ralph Droms'; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [dhcwg] WG last call on
draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-timeconfig-01.txt

should the description indicate that time is the time of the daylight
savings
time change?

VJ> "Start" and "End" are the fields which suggest when to move to daylight
VJ> savings and when to come back respectively. "Time" is just a
representation
VJ> of hh:mm:ss.

For:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-nisconfig-01.t
xt.

VJ> OK. I will update.

VJ> Thanks for the comments. I will update it. BTW, do you know the RFC
number
VJ> assigned for DHCPv6?

- Bernie Volz
-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Droms [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 3:37 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [dhcwg] WG last call on

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-timeconfig-01.
txt