Subject: RE: [dhcwg] questions about dhcpv6-28

From: "Bernie Volz (EUD)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 12:18:09 -0600

I feel that the client can continue to use the old addresses until the
lifetimes expire.

- Bernie

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 11:52 AM
To: Ralph Droms
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [dhcwg] questions about dhcpv6-28

>>>>> On Wed, 05 Feb 2003 10:08:28 -0500, 
>>>>> Ralph Droms <[email-masked]> said:

> Whoops, sorry for the misunderstanding.  No, the server doesn't send the 
> Renew/Rebind - only the Request.

Okay, that makes sense.  Perhaps this is too trivial for others, but
it would be helpful if the text is clearer:

   When the client receives a NoBinding status in an IA from the server
   in response to a Renew message or a Rebind message, the client
   stops sending Renew or Rebind messages but sends a Request to
   reestablish an IA with the server.
(Section 18.1.8.)

I have one more question on this scenario.  In this case, the client
would send a Request with an IA containing the currently available
addresses.  For the server, this is just a hint to (re)establish the
IA.  So, the server may assign a different address for the IA, and
send a Reply with the (different) address.  What should the client do
about the old address?  If the client continues to use the old one, it
means the client uses an address that is not in the server's binding
(though the old address may be invalidated at the next Renew/Reply
exchange or when the lifetime expires).  Is this situation okay?

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 02:27:51 +0900

>>>>> On Wed, 5 Feb 2003 12:18:09 -0600 , 
>>>>> "Bernie Volz (EUD)" <[email-masked]> said:

> I feel that the client can continue to use the old addresses until the

Okay, thanks.

					JINMEI, Tatuya