Subject: [dhcwg] Results of recent WG last calls

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 09:40:17 -0400

Here are the results of some recent last WG last calls:

draft-ietf-dhc-suboptions-kdc-serveraddress-03.txt

  See
  http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/dhcwg/current/msg01968.html
  for a comment.  No other comments about this draft
  were received during the last call.

  This draft did not receive enough positive support
  to be submitted to the IESG.
=====

draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-loadb-02.txt

  No comments about this document were received during the last call.

  This draft did not receive enough positive support
  to be submitted to the IESG.
=====

draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-interop-01.txt

  Jinmei-san responded that this draft is ready for submission
  to the IESG.  No other comments about this draft
  were received during the last call.

  Although this draft only received one comment during WG
  last call, it is important to move the draft forward because
  it should be published before the DHCPv6 specification is
  published as an RFC.  Also, this draft will be published
  as Informational, rather than as an Internet Standard.
  Therefore, I will submit the draft to the IESG.
=====

draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateless-00.txt

  Jinmei-san posted a comment about the draft that started
  a discussion thread on the mailing list (see http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/dhcwg/current/msg01999.html)

  There were several comments suggesting that stateless DHCPv6
  should not be limited to just the DNS configuration
  options.

  I will revise this draft in response to the comments about
  future extensibility to include other options.  The WG
  should discuss Jinmei-san's other issues before the draft
  is submitted to the IESG.

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: "Bernie Volz (EUD)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 11:05:19 -0500

Ralph:

I support draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-interop-01.txt as I indicated to you in a private
email to get an understanding on one issue before posting public support. Don't know
if this changes the outcome of the Last-Call, but as I don't think you ever responded
to the issue, I forgot to submit my public support.

- Bernie

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Droms [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 9:40 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [dhcwg] Results of recent WG last calls

  See

Subject: RE: [dhcwg] WG last call on draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-interop-01.txt
From: "Bernie Volz (EUD)" <[email-masked]>
To: 'Ralph Droms' <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 22:54:58 -0500

Ralph:

(I did not CC the DHC WG Mailing List.)

For issue 1, what happened to the concept of making this similar to a
CONFIRM and sending a Not-on-Link? Note that the Reply with IAs with 0
for lifetimes is a rather strong statement for the client to stop using
the addresses. Practically, I'm not sure sending a Not-On-Link would be
that different.

Other than this issue (where it would be good to know that it was
considered and rejected), I will support the document.

- Bernie

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Droms [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 11:19 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [dhcwg] WG last call on draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-interop-01.txt

This message announces a WG last call on "Results from
Interoperability Tests of DHCPv6 Implementations"
<draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-interop-01.txt>.  The last call will conclude
on Friday, April 25.

Please respond to this WG last call.  If you support acceptance of the
document without change, respond with a simple acknowledgment, so that
support for the document can be assessed.

draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-interop-01.txt provides a published record of
issues discovered through interoperability testing of independent
implementations of DHCPv6 <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-28.txt>, for review
and discussion by the appropriate IETF working groups.  This document
is being considered for Informational status, and is available as
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-interop-01.txt

- Ralph Droms