Subject: [dhcwg] WG last call on draft-ietf-dhc-failover-12 (2nd last call)

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 23:11:22 -0400 (EDT)

Because of the limited response to the first WG last call on "DHCP
Failover Protocol" <draft-ietf-dhc-failover-12.txt> (I received one
private response and there were no responses on the WG mailing list),
there will be a second last call.  The last call will conclude on
Monday, July 7.

Please respond to this WG last call.  If you support acceptance of the
document without change, respond with a simple acknowledgment, so that
support for the document can be assessed.  Lack of response to the WG last
call will be interpreted as an indication that the document should not be
submitted to the IESG for review.

draft-ietf-dhc-failover-12.txt defines a protocol to provide
synchronization between two DHCP servers.  The DHCP specification [RFC
2131] allows for multiple servers to be operating on a single network.
For a deployment with multiple servers to work reliably,
cooperating primary and secondary servers must be synchronized to
maintain a consistent database of the lease information.  This
document is being considered for Proposed Standard, and is available
as http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-failover-12.txt

- Ralph Droms
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg