Subject: [dhcwg] Restricting Access using DHCP

From: Nick Elliott <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 11:31:19 -0000

Hi Folks,

I just a have a quick question. We use DHCP on all PC's on our network with
the exception of a couple of servers. However, I need to be able to restrict
access on a few of these PC's so they cannot access anything outside our own
network. Can anyone advise me on how to go about this.
 
Thanks in advance,

Nick.

**********************************************************************
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
the system manager at ClearStream Technologies Ltd. on [email-masked].
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.
**********************************************************************

---

From: "Kostur, Andre" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 17:13:52 -0800

>From a DHCP perspective, you'd want to configure whatever DHCP server that
you're using to not give those specific PCs a default gateway (option 3).
This should prevent that PC from being able to route traffic off of your
network.  However, if the users of those PCs can add their own routes then
the problem is bigger than DHCP.  You'd want to do something at your
firewall to stop any traffic from those PCs.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Elliott [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2003 3:31 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [dhcwg] Restricting Access using DHCP

Hi Folks,