Subject: [dhcwg] Should the leasequery spec explicitly be IPv4-specific?

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 20:24:54 -0400

Bert Wijnen:

Discuss:
- It seems to be implicitly IPv4 specific without explaining/justifying why
   and uses "IP address" to mean IPv4 addresses only. Do we not want them
   to either be IPv4/v6 agnostic or to be specific in stating that they
   are IPv4 only if such is the case and justified?

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: "Bernie Volz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 16:03:53 -0400

YES!

As this specification deals with DHCPv4 (is extends DHCPv4), it should
be IPv4 specific.

It is a separate issue as to whether corresponding functionality will be
needed for DHCPv6 and something that the WG should take up.

- Bernie

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Ralph Droms
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 8:25 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [dhcwg] Should the leasequery spec explicitly be IPv4-specific?

Bert Wijnen:

Discuss:
- It seems to be implicitly IPv4 specific without explaining/justifying
why
   and uses "IP address" to mean IPv4 addresses only. Do we not want
them
   to either be IPv4/v6 agnostic or to be specific in stating that they
   are IPv4 only if such is the case and justified?

---

From: Kim Kinnear <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 16:45:47 -0400

>  are IPv4 only if such is the case and justified?

        This is really just an oversight -- leasequery is IPv4 specific.
        We'll fix the draft to make this clear.

        Cheers -- Kim