Subject: [dhcwg] dhc WG last call on draft-ietf-dhc-3315id-for-v4-01

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 07:36:00 -0500

This message announces a WG last call on "Node-Specific Client Identifiers
for DHCPv4" <draft-ietf-dhc-3315id-for-v4-01>.  The last call will conclude
at 5PM on 4/16/04.

Please respond to this WG last call.  If you support acceptance of the
document without change, respond with a simple acknowledgment, so that
support for the document can be assessed.

draft-ietf-dhc-3315id-for-v4-01 specifies the format that is to be used for
encoding DHCPv4 [RFC2131 and RFC2132] client identifiers, so that those
identifiers will be interchangeable with identifiers used in the DHCPv6
protocol [RFC3315].  This draft is available as
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-3315id-for-v4-01.txt

- Ralph Droms 

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 08:49:04 -0400

Ted, Bill - can you give examples of real client identifiers and how those
client identifiers would be used in the three examples you describe in
section 2.2?

I guess my question is getting at the problem of "requirements"; I think the
document would be clarified by a section between 2 and 3 that summarizes the
requirements for client identifiers, based on the problem examples in
section 2.

- Ralph