Subject: [dhcwg] dhc WG last call on <draft-ietf-dhc-ddns-resolution-08.txt>

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:07:53 -0400

This message announces a WG last call on "Resolution of DNS
Name Conflicts among DHCP Clients"
<draft-ietf-dhc-ddns-resolution-08.txt>.  The last call will
conclude at 1700 EST (USA) on 2005-04-25.

Please respond to this WG last call.  If you support
acceptance of the document without change, respond with a
simple acknowledgment, so that support for the document can
be assessed.  Lack of discussion does not represent positive
support.  If there is no expression of support for
acceptance during the WG last call, the document will not be
advanced to the IESG.

There are options in DHCP that can be used for transmitting
information about updating DNS. However, these do not
explicitly control updating the name to address and address
to name mappings maintained in the DNS, as performed by
hosts acting as DHCP clients and servers.
draft-ietf-dhc-ddns-resolution-08.txt describes techniques
for the resolution of DNS name conflicts among DHCP clients
and servers.  This draft is available as
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-ddns-
resolution-08.txt

- Ralph Droms 

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg