Subject: [dhcwg] Client message without Client Identifier option??

From: "haoda" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 10:57:30 +0900

Good morning, everyone!

I have a question about the message validation of Client 
Identifier option.

At first,here are 2 clips from the RFC3315,
15.10. Reply Message
......(omit)
If the client included a Client Identifier option in the original
message, the Reply message MUST include a Client Identifier option
and the contents of the Client Identifier option MUST match the DUID
of the client; OR, if the client did not include a Client Identifier
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
option in the original message, the Reply message MUST NOT include a
---------------------------------------------
Client Identifier option.

Also in RFC3315,
18.1.1. Creation and Transmission of Request Messages
 ......(omit)
The client MUST include a Client Identifier option to identify itself
to the server. 

Based texts quoted above, I think all the messages of client  
must include Client Identifier option. But in 15.10, the RFC says
 "if the client did not include a Client Identifier option", and on 
this condition, "the Reply message MUST NOT include a Client
 Identifier option."

I am not clearly in this topic and expect your reply.

Which message from the client can be applied to?
I think there are not any message from client without Client Identifier
option. Maybe it is only a assume that doesn't exist in actual
application?

Thanks.

Haoda

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg