Subject: [dhcwg] RFC 3633 Question

From: "Archimedes S. Gaviola" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 13:52:54 +0800

Hi! Based on RFC 3633 - IPv6 Prefix Options for DHCPv6, the specified nodes
involved in the operation are routers such as the requesting router - the
router that acts as a DHCP client that is requesting for prefix(es) and a
delegating router that acts as the DHCP server. My question are, thus the
option (IA_PD) mentioned here is only intended when DHCP is running on a
router ( a packet forwarding node) and not on a host ( non-forwarding packet
node)?  Is there a DHCPv6 option for specifying gateway or router just like
in IPv4 when a DHCPv6 is running on a non-forwarding packet node, in which
it will provide options for routers?
 
Thank you very much.
 
Archimedes S. Gaviola
Network Engineer
InfoWeapons Corporation
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg