Subject: RE: [dhcwg] RFC 3942 Status Report - new draftdraft-volz-dhc-3942-status-00.txt

From: "Bernie Volz \(volz\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 14:07:26 -0400

The document has been available at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-volz-dhc-3942-status-00.txt.

What are the next steps?
- Accept as a WG item?
- Request IANA to update the page?
- Comments?

- Bernie

-----Original Message-----
From: Bernie Volz (volz) 
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2007 10:03 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [dhcwg] RFC 3942 Status Report - new
draftdraft-volz-dhc-3942-status-00.txt

Folks:

I have just submitted draft-volz-dhc-3942-status-00.txt for
publication (available at
ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/volz/draft-volz-dhc-3942-status-00.txt
until published by the IETF). This draft documents the current
status of and recommendations for the RFC 3942 (Reclassifying
DHCPv4 Options) work based on the presentation I gave at the
Prague DHC WG meeting (see
http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07mar/slides/dhc-5.pdf). 

This document was requested by the DHC WG chairs at the Prague
meeting.

- Bernie

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: "David W. Hankins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 16:41:59 -0700

> - Request IANA to update the page?

I'm not sure there's a lot of benefit to having this go through the
full IETF process.  This is just a confirmation of what we know to
be true from other documents we've last-called, or are about to.

I believe in the past that the chairs have made IANA updates directly
when that was neccessary.

So in this case, I think the chairs should measure consensus, and
if there is consensus, proxy a request to IANA for the updates
defined in this draft, citing 3942 process.

-- 
David W. Hankins	"If you don't do it right the first time,
Software Engineer		you'll just have to do it again."
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.	-- Jack T. Hankins
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg