Subject: [dhcwg] dhc WG meeting in Vancouver

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 11:35:34 -0500

The dhc WG will meet in Vancouver, http://ietf.org/meetings/70- 
IETF.html; here is the tentative scheduled date and time for our  
meeting:

TUESDAY, December 4, 2007
1300-1500 Afternoon Session I
Salon 1  INT  dhc  Dynamic Host Configuration WG

Please contact the WG chairs, [email-masked], with agenda  
requests before Wed, Nov 14.

As always, we are looking for volunteers to act as meeting and Jabber  
scribes.

Here are some important dates: http://ietf.org/meetings/70- 
cutoff_dates.html  Note that the I-D rev -00 submission deadline is  
0900 EST this coming Mon, 11/12, and the general I-D submission  
deadline is 0900 EST Mon, 11/19.

- Ralph

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: "Bernie Volz (volz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 23:30:18 -0500

I'd like to discuss what should be done about
draft-volz-dhc-3942-status-00. It has expired and while I could simply
make a few edits (such as addressing 208-211) and resubmit, it seems
silly to do that if there is no support or interest for the DHC WG.

I did ask the DHC WG in early October about next steps for this draft,
but it didn't go anywhere.

We need to give IANA information about updating the DHCP options
registry.

- Bernie

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Droms (rdroms) 
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2007 11:36 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Dhc Chairs
Subject: [dhcwg] dhc WG meeting in Vancouver

- Ralph

---

From: "David W. Hankins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 09:30:57 -0800

> We need to give IANA information about updating the DHCP options

Didn't we already provide that guidance in 3942 itself?

-- 
Ash bugud-gul durbatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
-- 
David W. Hankins	"If you don't do it right the first time,
Software Engineer		     you'll just have to do it again."
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.		-- Jack T. Hankins
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 12:28:15 -0500

Bernie - are there any action items remaining from RFC 3942?  Might  
be good to (a) update  draft-volz-dhc-3942-status-00 (although I  
regret I'm responding too late for you to make the draft pub  
deadline) and (b) publish a final doc when everything from RFC 3942  
is wrapped up to capture that the issues have all been closed.

- Ralph

---

From: "Bernie Volz (volz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 09:42:31 -0500

The only action items remaining are to update the IANA registry with the
current status, which is what this draft was attempting to do.

128  PXE - undefined (vendor specific)                         [RFC4578]
129  PXE - undefined (vendor specific)                         [RFC4578]
130  PXE - undefined (vendor specific)                         [RFC4578]
131  PXE - undefined (vendor specific)                         [RFC4578]
132  PXE - undefined (vendor specific)                         [RFC4578]
133  PXE - undefined (vendor specific)                         [RFC4578]
134  PXE - undefined (vendor specific)                         [RFC4578]
135  PXE - undefined (vendor specific)                         [RFC4578]
150  TFTP server address (Tentatively Assigned - 23 Jun 2005 -
          DRAFT-RAJ-DHC-TFTP-ADDR-OPTION-01.TXT)
175-177 Unassigned                                             [RFC3942]
208  pxelinux.magic (string) = F1:00:74:7E (241.0.116.126) (Tentatively
          Assigned - 23 Jun 2005 - DRAFT-IETF-DHC-PXELINUX-01.TXT)
209  pxelinux.configfile (text) (Tentatively Assigned - 23 Jun 2005 -
          DRAFT-IETF-DHC-PXELINUX-01.TXT)
210  pxelinux.pathprefix (text) (Tentatively Assigned - 23 Jun 2005 -
          DRAFT-IETF-DHC-PXELINUX-01.TXT)
211  pxelinux.reboottime (unsigned integer 32 bits) (Tentatively
          Assigned - 23 Jun 2005 - DRAFT-IETF-DHC-PXELINUX-01.TXT)
220  Subnet Allocation Option (Tentatively Assigned - 23 Jun 2005 -
          DRAFT-IETF-DHC-SUBNET-ALLOC-04.TXT)
221  Virtual Subnet Selection Option    (Tentatively Assigned - 23 Jun
          2005 - DRAFT-IETF-DHC-VPN-OPTION-06.TXT)

The above list is changed slightly because 208-211 are covered by the
soon to be published RFC-ietf-dhc-pxelinux-03.txt and there have been
some revisions to the other documents to get them through WG last call.

- Bernie

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Droms (rdroms) 
Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2007 12:28 PM
To: Bernie Volz (volz)
Cc: [email-masked]; Dhc Chairs
Subject: Re: [dhcwg] dhc WG meeting in Vancouver

- Ralph