Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action:draft-ietf-dhc-server-override-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 21:00:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : DHCP Server Identifier Override Suboption
	Author(s)       : R. Johnson, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-server-override-05.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2007-11-16

This memo defines a new suboption of the DHCP relay information
option which allows the DHCP relay to specify a new value for the
Server Identifier option, which is inserted by the DHCP Server.  This
allows the DHCP relay to act as the actual DHCP server such that
RENEW DHCPREQUESTs will come to the relay instead of going to the
server directly.  This gives the relay the opportunity to include the
Relay Agent option with appropriate suboptions even on DHCP RENEW
messages.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-server-override-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dhc-server-override-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-server-override-05.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg