Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action:draft-ietf-dhc-agent-vpn-id-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 15:20:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Virtual Subnet Selection Sub-Option for the Relay Agent Information Option for DHCPv4
	Author(s)       : K. Kinnear, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-agent-vpn-id-05.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2007-11-16

In some environments, a relay agent resides in a network element
which also has access to one or more virtual private networks (VPNs).
If a DHCP server wishes to offer service to DHCP clients on those
different VPNs the DHCP server needs to know information about the
VPN on which each client resides. The Virtual Subnet Selection sub-
option of the relay-agent-information option is used by the relay
agent to tell the DHCP server important information about the VPN
(called the Virtual Subnet Selection information, or VSS) for every
DHCP request it passes on to the DHCP server, and is also used to
properly forward any DHCP reply that the DHCP server sends back to
the relay agent.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-agent-vpn-id-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dhc-agent-vpn-id-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-agent-vpn-id-05.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: "Alper Yegin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 10:18:12 +0200

Hi Kim,

What is the applicability of this option to DHCPv6?

Alper 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 10:20 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-dhc-agent-vpn-id-05.txt
>