Subject: [dhcwg] Mail regarding draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-relay-supplied-options

From: Glen Zorn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 10:06:49 +0700

Section 8, paragraph 2 says:

   We request that the IANA create a new registry on the same
   assignments page, titled "Options Permitted in the Relay-Supplied
   Options Option".  This option will contain a list of names of options
   from the DHCP Option Codes list.

s/This option/This registry

   Currently, the list is empty.
   Options may be added to this list either as a result of protocol
   action or expert review.  Expert review may either be in the form of
   a working group review and consensus call, or IESG review in
   consultation with the DHC working group chair or chairs.

This policy apparently assumes either a) the eternal nature of the dhc
WG or b) the formation of a new WG just for the evaluation of
RSOO-enabled options.  Neither assumption seems particularly valid.

---

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 20:29:52 +0200

Glen - thanks for your review and feedback.

- Ralph

> s/This option/This registry

Authors, please make this fix in the next revision.

> <gwz.vcf>

The IANA registry text will be revised to specify a policy based on RFC 5226.