Subject: [dhcwg] Protocol Action: 'Definition of the UUID-based DHCPv6 Unique Identifier (DUID-UUID)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dhc-duid-uuid-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 09:43:17 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Definition of the UUID-based DHCPv6 Unique Identifier (DUID-UUID)'
  (draft-ietf-dhc-duid-uuid-03.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ralph Droms and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-duid-uuid/

Technical Summary 

    This document defines a new DHCP Unique Identifier (DUID) type
    to be used for identifying clients using Universally Unique
    Identifiers (UUIDs).  The document defines what is meant by
    "universal," excluding several things called UUIDs that do
    not qualify.  The purpose of the document is to allow devices
    that have genuine UUIDs to use those as DUIDs, rather than
    forming new identifiers and requiring the maintenance of tables
    mapping between UUIDs and DUIDs.

Working Group Summary 
    This document appeared in the working group in October of 2010.
    There has been substantial review of this document.

Document Quality 
    The document has undergone careful review, and the working
    group is satisfied with its quality.

Personnel
    The document shepherd is Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>.  The
    responsible Area Director is Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>.