Subject: [dhcwg] DHCPv6 Failover Requirements - Request for adoption

From: Tomasz Mrugalski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 19:49:14 +0200

Dear chairs, Dear group,
DHCPv6 failover requirements draft was presented in last DHC meeting.
There was rather significant support from folks in the room, nobody was
against.

I would like to briefly summarize history behind this draft. Although it
is initial individual submission (-00), this draft went through multiple
rounds of reviews by many members of this group. We had several weekly
meetings. See WG list archives if you are interested in more details.
Three authors of original DHCPv4 failover spec joined the DHCPv6 design
team. 20 people working for various vendors, operators, implementors and
universities participated in meeting that led to this draft. 10 people
actually contributed in various ways. I suppose we could count
participating people as supporters.

Therefore I'd like ask chairs to announce call for adoption of
draft-mrugalski-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-requirements-00 as a WG item. If you
have any objections, please raise them now.

Thanks,
Tomek