Subject: [dhcwg] 答复: Item for the Errata - Section 17.2.1 - RFC3315?

From: Leaf yeh <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 16:05:47 +0000

Hi, Alice

The author of RFC3315 (Mr. Bernie Volz) and I believe that we need a fix in the section 17.2.1 of RFC3315.

Section 17.2.1 says:

   For example, if the administrative policy for the server is
   that it may only respond to a client that is willing to accept a
   Reconfigure message, if the client indicates with a Reconfigure
   Accept option in the Solicit message that it will not accept a
   Reconfigure message, the servers discard the Solicit message.

It should say:

For example, if the administrative policy for the server is that it may only respond to a client that is willing to accept a Reconfigure message, if the client does not include a Reconfigure Accept option in the Solicit message, the servers discard the Solicit message.

Best Regards,

Leaf

________________________________
发件人: Bernie Volz (volz) [[email-masked]]
发送时间: 2011年7月31日 9:55
到: Leaf yeh; [email-masked]
Cc: Ralph Droms (rdroms)
主题: RE: [dhcwg] Item for the Errata - Section 17.2.1 - RFC3315?

Yes, this would be a useful correction. I think at one point the option had a value and that might be why this text is as it is (we missed fixing it).

-          Bernie

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Leaf yeh
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2011 4:13 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Ralph Droms (rdroms)
Subject: [dhcwg] Item for the Errata - Section 17.2.1 - RFC3315?

I might get a item for the Errata after reading RFC3315 this morning.

The words in the following 2 paragraphs have a conflict.

Section 17.2.1 - RFC3315 - DHCPv6 - Server Behavior - Receipt of Solicit Messages

   For example, if the administrative policy for the server is
   that it may only respond to a client that is willing to accept a
   Reconfigure message, if the client indicates with a Reconfigure
   Accept option in the Solicit message that it will not accept a
   Reconfigure message, the servers discard the Solicit message.

Section 22.20 - RFC3315 - DHCPv6 - Reconfigure Accept Option

   A client uses the Reconfigure Accept option to announce to the server
   whether the client is willing to accept Reconfigure messages, and a
   server uses this option to tell the client whether or not to accept
   Reconfigure messages. The default behavior, in the absence of this
   option, means unwillingness to accept Reconfigure messages, or
   instruction not to accept Reconfigure messages, for the client and
   server messages, respectively. The following figure gives the format
   of the Reconfigure Accept option:

     0                   1                   2                   3
     0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    |     OPTION_RECONF_ACCEPT      |               0               |
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

    option-code   OPTION_RECONF_ACCEPT (20).
    option-len    0.

I mean the client can not include a Reconfigure Accept Option for the unwillingness to accept a Reconfigure message per the description of Reconfigure Accept Option in Section 22.20.

So the words for the revison in section 17.2.1 might be 'For example, if the administrative policy for the server is that it may only respond to a client that is willing to accept a Reconfigure message, if the client does not include a Reconfigure Accept option in the Solicit message, the servers discard the Solicit message.'

Best Regards,

Leaf