Subject: Re: [dhcwg] WGLC on draft-ietf-dhc-pd-exclude

From: "Gaurav Halwasia (ghalwasi)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 15:32:45 +0530

Hi, 

I read the latest version of this draft and I do have a comment.

1.) Section 4.1

 "A requesting router includes an OPTION_ORO option with the

   OPTION_PD_EXCLUDE option code in a Solicit, Request, Renew, Rebind or

   Confirm message to inform the delegating router about the support for

   the prefix delegation functionality defined in this specification."

Section 12.1 of RFC 3633 says the CONFIRM messages are not used with
DHCPv6 PD. 

But I do see a reference to CONFIRM message in the above section. Are we
updating RFC 3633 w.r.t CONFIRM message support for PD or it's just that
we included the reference to CONFIRM message in this text by mistake.?

Apart from this I strongly support this draft. 

Thanks,

Gaurav

---

From: Ole Troan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 13:25:04 +0200

Gaurav,

>  “A requesting router includes an OPTION_ORO option with the
>    the prefix delegation functionality defined in this specification.”
>  
> Section 12.1 of RFC 3633 says the CONFIRM messages are not used with DHCPv6 PD.
> But I do see a reference to CONFIRM message in the above section. Are we updating RFC 3633 w.r.t CONFIRM message support for PD or it’s just that we included the reference to CONFIRM message in this text by mistake.?

thanks, that's a mistake. we'll get that fixed in auth48 if not before.

cheers,
Ole