Subject: [dhcwg] Protocol Action: 'Prefix Exclude Option for DHCPv6-based Prefix Delegation' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dhc-pd-exclude-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 14:26:22 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Prefix Exclude Option for DHCPv6-based Prefix Delegation'
  (draft-ietf-dhc-pd-exclude-04.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ralph Droms and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-pd-exclude/

Technical Summary 

   This specification defines an optional mechanism to allow exclusion
   of one specific prefix from a delegated prefix set when using
   DHCPv6- based prefix delegation.  The new mechanism updates RFC
   3633.

Working Group Summary 

   This document received a thorough review by the WG. Many comments
   were made, and several revisions done.  The process was amicable
   and seems to have satisfied all participants.

Document Quality 
        
   The protocol is required by the latest 3GPP GPRS specification, but
   the authors are not aware of any specific implementations yet.  We
   would expect to see these implementations appearing in cellular
   data devices that do IPv6 tethering, which is a relatively new sort
   of application.

Personnel

   Ted Lemon <[email-masked]> is the Document
   Shepherd. Ralph Droms <[email-masked]> is the
   Responsible AD.