Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 19:09:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Issues with multiple stateful DHCPv6 options
	Author(s)       : Ole Troan
                          Bernie Volz
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2012-10-05

Abstract:
   Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6) was not written
   with the expectation that additional stateful DHCPv6 options would be
   developed.  IPv6 Prefix Options for Dynamic Host Configuration
   Protocol (DHCP) version 6 shoe-horned the new options for Prefix
   Delegation into DHCPv6.  Implementation experience of the CPE model
   described in has shown multiple issues with the DHCPv6 protocol in
   supporting multiple stateful options.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Bernie Volz (volz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 02:20:07 +0000

I updated the draft after some (offline) discussions with Hemant and Ole.

The major changes were:
- Section 4.0 - added more text to clarify the goal of the changes in the sections that follow (this text came from the old 4.6 section).
- Section 4.1 - improved the text a bit.
- Section 4.4 - is "new" and discusses Renew and Rebind message handling (this was in the old 4.6 section but with less detail).
- Section 4.5 (which was 4.4) - expands on the changes for Confirm handling for PD.
- Section 4.7 - added text that RFC 3315/3633 assumed the single provisioning domain model.

- Bernie

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 10:09 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues-01.txt

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: "Hemant Singh (shemant)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 13:17:33 +0000

This new version of the document looks good to me and ready for a review by the IESG.  

Thanks,

Hemant

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bernie Volz (volz)
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 10:20 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues-01.txt

The major changes were:

- Bernie

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 10:09 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues-01.txt

Abstract: