Subject: [dhcwg] IPv6 Transition Technologies Selection using DHCP/DHCPv6

From: "yangtianle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 19:25:03 +0800

_____  

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: IPv6 Transition Technologies Selection using DHCP/DHCPv6
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 18:38:28 +0800

Hi, all,

We find some inconvenient issues about CPE when we do IPv6 trials and
experiments: 

         1、ISP must pre-configure IPv6 transition technology in CPE, such
as dual-stack, DS-Lite, and so on.

         2、Otherwise, ISP must rely on Manage System to control CPEs. But
if CPEs are form different manufactories, they need different Manage System,
or to develop consistent interface in the Manage System.

         3、If users change the CPE ISP giving to them to another one with
incorrect configuration, or configure CPE incorrectly by mistake, they
cannot access internet. 

In this document, we propose a solution to solve the problem. Although this
draft is submitted in WG v6ops, the solution is DHCP/DHCPv6.

Here is the draft:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yang-v6ops-ipv6tran-select

Wish for your comments. Thank you!

Tianle Yang