Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-addr-registration-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 05:27:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Generic IPv6 Addresses Registration Solution Using DHCPv6
	Author(s)       : Sheng Jiang
                          Gang Chen
                          Suresh Krishnan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-addr-registration-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2012-10-22

Abstract:
   In networks that are centrally managed, self-generated addresses
   cause traceability issues due to their decentralized nature.  To
   minimize the issues due to lack of traceability, these self-generated
   addresses can be registered with the network for allowing centralized
   address administration.  This document defines a generic address
   registration solution using DHCPv6, using a new ND option and a new
   DHCPv6 option in order to communicate the use of self-generated
   addresses.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-addr-registration

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-addr-registration-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-addr-registration-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/