Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-pool-opt-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 03:41:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Prefix Pool Option for DHCPv6 Relay Agents on Provider Edge Routers
	Author(s)       : Leaf Y. Yeh
                          Ted Lemon
                          Mohamed Boucadair
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-pool-opt-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2012-10-22

Abstract:
   The DHCPv6 Prefix Pool option provides a mechanism for DHCPv6 Prefix
   Delegation (DHCPv6-PD), allowing the DHCPv6 server to notify a DHCPv6
   relay agent implemented on a Provider Edge (PE) router about active
   prefix pools allocated by the DHCPv6 server to the PE router.  The
   information of active prefix pools can be used to enforce IPv6 route
   aggregation on the PE router through adding or removing aggregation
   routes according to the status of the prefix pools.  The advertising
   of the aggregation routes in the routing protocol enabled on the
   network-facing interface of PE routers will dramatically decreases
   the number of the routing table entries in the ISP network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-pool-opt

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-pool-opt-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-pool-opt-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Leaf yeh <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 11:30:59 +0000

Dear folks,

The draft (OPTION_PREFIX_POOL) has been updated to ver.-01. The updates can be found at http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-pool-opt-01.

The meaningful revision from ver.-00 is:

a. The update in the last paragraph of Section 6 addressed a technical issue on the DHCPv6 Bulk Leasquery raised by Tomek in the ML

Your further comments are more than welcome. :-)

Best Regards,
Leaf

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2012 6:42 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-pool-opt-01.txt

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg