Subject: [dhcwg] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp-privacy-03.txt> (Privacy considerations for DHCPv4) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 06:34:27 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Dynamic Host Configuration WG
(dhc) to consider the following document:
- 'Privacy considerations for DHCPv4'
  <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp-privacy-03.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-02-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   DHCP is a protocol that is used to provide addressing and
   configuration information to IPv4 hosts.  This document discusses the
   various identifiers used by DHCP and the potential privacy issues.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp-privacy/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp-privacy/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.