Subject: [dhcwg] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis-10.txt> (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6) bis) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2018 16:29:54 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Dynamic Host Configuration WG (dhc)
to consider the following document: - 'Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
for IPv6 (DHCPv6) bis'
  <draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-01-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for
   IPv6 (DHCPv6): an extensible mechanism for configuring nodes with
   network configuration parameters, IP addresses, and prefixes.
   Parameters can be provided statelessly, or in combination with
   stateful assignment of one or more IPv6 addresses and/or IPv6
   prefixes.  DHCPv6 can operate either in place of or in addition to
   stateless address autoconfiguration (SLAAC).

   This document updates the text from RFC3315, the original DHCPv6
   specification, and incorporates prefix delegation (RFC3633),
   stateless DHCPv6 (RFC3736), an option to specify an upper bound for
   how long a client should wait before refreshing information
   (RFC4242), a mechanism for throttling DHCPv6 clients when DHCPv6
   service is not available (RFC7083), and clarifies the interactions
   between modes of operation (RFC7550).  As such, this document
   obsoletes RFC3315, RFC3633, RFC3736, RFC4242, RFC7083, and RFC7550.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.