Subject: [Dime] I-D Action:draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 06:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Diameter Base Protocol
	Author(s)       : V. Fajardo, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis-12.txt
	Pages           : 160
	Date            : 2008-09-08

The Diameter base protocol is intended to provide an Authentication,
Authorization and Accounting (AAA) framework for applications such as
network access or IP mobility.  Diameter is also intended to work in
both local Authentication, Authorization & Accounting and roaming
situations.  This document specifies the message format, transport,
error reporting, accounting and security services to be used by all
Diameter applications.  The Diameter base application needs to be
supported by all Diameter implementations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis-12.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 23:16:34 +0200

Hi,

Few quick notes on -12:

 o Section 4.4

   I don't recall an agreement of replacing the:

   "..MAY simply be ignored if the Grouped AVP itself is unrecognized.
    However, the encapsulated AVPs with 'M' (mandatory) bit set MUST
    belong to the Diameter application the Grouped APV is used in.  The
    rule applies even if the encapsulated AVP with its 'M' (mandatory)..
   "

   with

   "..MAY simply be ignored if the Grouped AVP itself is unrecognized.
The
    rule applies even if the encapsulated AVP with its 'M' (mandatory)..
   "

   The new text allows me "legally" send AVPs with 'M'-bit set that do
not
   belong to the application. I don't want such functionality!

 o Section 7.1.5

   s/recognize or doest not support/recognize or does not support

Cheers,
	Jouni

---

From: Victor Fajardo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 09:57:39 -0400

Hi Jouni,

Sorry for the late reply.

>    belong to the application. I don't want such functionality!

Agree. It make sense to keep this rule.

>    s/recognize or doest not support/recognize or does not support

Ok.

regards,
victor