Subject: [Dime] 3GPP and RFC4740

From: "Bruce Kling" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 14:34:40 -0500

Hello,

RFC4740 defines new Diameter SIP application commands with a code range
from 283 to 288.  The ETSI TS 129.229 specification defines the same set
of commands with a code range of 300 to 305.  I have seen a sniffer
trace of protocol exchanges using these messages and they are in the 300
to 305 range.  RFC4740 is on the standards track - is it possible for
the two specifications to define the same set of commands yet assign
different command codes to them such that the code is interpreted
differently based on the application-id?

Thank you for your time.

Bruce Kling

Exfo Service Assurance

TEL: 978/367-5617

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime