Subject: [Dime] I-D Action:draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 09:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Diameter Base Protocol
	Author(s)       : V. Fajardo, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis-13.txt
	Pages           : 160
	Date            : 2008-11-02

The Diameter base protocol is intended to provide an Authentication,
Authorization and Accounting (AAA) framework for applications such as
network access or IP mobility.  Diameter is also intended to work in
both local Authentication, Authorization & Accounting and roaming
situations.  This document specifies the message format, transport,
error reporting, accounting and security services to be used by all
Diameter applications.  The Diameter base application needs to be
supported by all Diameter implementations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis-13.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: Victor Fajardo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 11:59:18 -0600

The following is the summary of major changes for bis-13

* MUST and SHOULD terminology on certain text has changed to make it 
coherent. The following have been affected:
   - The value of Supported-Vendor-Id MUST NOT be zero instead of SHOULD
   - Multiple instance of Supported-Vendor-Id MUST contain the same 
value instead of SHOULD
   - Section 6.1.2, Recommendations for sending request SHOULD be 
followed instead of MUST
   - Vendor-Specific-Application-Id containing both Auth-Application-Id 
and Acct-Application-Id AVP
     MUST return an error instead of SHOULD
   - If Redirect-Host-Max-Cache-Time is present then Redirect-Host value 
SHOULD be cached instead of "will be cached"
   - The Auth-Lifetime value returned by the server MUST be equal to or 
less than what was sent by the client instead of SHOULD

* Remove restriction that accounting is required for any/all application

* Removal of the requirement for Application-Id AVPs to be present in 
non-CER/CEA messages
   - Cleaned up the text requiring that the value of these AVPs MUST be 
same as the one in the header

* Cleanup of the ABNF rules to make sure "*{AVP}" is not allowed.
   - For "{AVP}", min is always 1

* Remove capabilities exchange in open state
   - Propose a separate draft for this functionality 

* Removal restriction of Host-IP-Address to be used only by CER and CEA 
messages

* Editorials
   - Plenty of restructuring in accounting, protocol overview, routing 
and AVP(s) description section
   - Lots of changes to make certain sections cohesive

regards,
victor