Subject: [Dime] Feedback solicited for Privacy and Identity Management Terminology

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 13:42:03 +0300

Hi all, 

we have just submitted a new version of the privacy and identity
management terminology document:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hansen-privacy-terminology-01.
txt
 
The full document titel is "Terminology for Talking about Privacy by
Data Minimization: Anonymity, Unlinkability, Undetectability,
Unobservability, Pseudonymity, and Identity Management" and here is the
abstract: 

   This document is an attempt to consolidate terminology in the field
   privacy by data minimization.  It motivates and develops definitions
   for anonymity/identifiability, (un)linkability, (un)detectability,
   (un)observability, pseudonymity, identity, partial identity, digital
   identity and identity management.  Starting the definitions from the
   anonymity and unlinkability perspective and not from a definition of
   identity (the latter is the obvious approach to some people) reveals
   some deeper structures in this field.
   
Please let us know whether the terminology is useful and complete. Your
input is highly appreciated!

Ciao
Hannes