Subject: [Dime] New milestones proporal

From: jouni korhonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 17:48:59 +0300

Hello,

As indicated in Maastricht meeting we are in a process of updating Dime WG milestones. See below the proposal for the updated milestones. Comments are solicited.

- Jouni & Lionel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goals and Milestones:
  Done     - Submit the following two Diameter Mobility documents to the IESG
             for consideration as a Proposed Standards:
             * 'Diameter Mobile IPv6: Support for Home Agent to Diameter Server 
                Interaction'
             * 'Diameter Mobile IPv6: Support for Network Access Server to 
                Diameter Server Interaction'
  Done     - Submit 'Diameter API' to the IESG for consideration as an 
             Informational RFC
  Done     - Submit 'Quality of Service Parameters for Usage with Diameter' to 
             the IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard.
  Done     - Submit 'Diameter QoS Application' to the IESG for consideration as 
             a Proposed Standard
  Done     - Submit 'Diameter Support for EAP Re-authentication Protocol' as 
             DIME working group item
  Done     - Submit 'Diameter User-Name and Realm Based Request Routing 
             Clarifications' as DIME working group item
  Done     - Submit 'Diameter Proxy Mobile IPv6' as DIME working group item
  Done     - Submit 'Quality of Service Attributes for Diameter' to the IESG for 
             consideration as a Proposed Standard
  Done     - Submit 'Diameter Proxy Mobile IPv6' to the IESG for consideration 
             as a Proposed Standard
  Done     - Submit 'Diameter User-Name and Realm Based Request Routing 
             Clarifications' to the IESG for consideration as a Proposed 
             Standard
  Done     - Submit 'Updated IANA Considerations for Diameter Command Code 
             Allocations' as DIME working group item
  Done     - Submit 'Updated IANA Considerations for Diameter Command Code 
             Allocations' to the IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard
  Done     - Submit 'Diameter NAT Control Application' as DIME working group 
             item
  Done     - Submit 'Diameter Capabilities Update' as DIME working group item
  Done     - Submit 'Diameter Credit Control Application MIB' to the IESG for 
             consideration as an Informational RFC
  Done     - Submit 'Diameter Base Protocol MIB' to the IESG for consideration 
             as an Informational RFC
  Done     - Submit 'Diameter Capabilities Update' to the IESG for consideration 
             as a Proposed Standard

  Done     - Submit 'Diameter IKEv2 PSK' as DIME working group item
  Done     - Submit 'Diameter Priority Attribute Value Pairs' as DIME working 
             group item
  Done     - Submit 'Diameter Attribute-Value Pairs for Cryptographic Key 
             Transport' as DIME working group item
  Done     - Submit 'Diameter Support for Proxy Mobile IPv6 Localized Routing' 
             as DIME working group item
  Done     - Submit 'Realm-Based Redirection In Diameter' as DIME working group 
             item
  Done     - Submit 'Diameter Extended NAPTR' as DIME working group item

  Aug 2010 - Submit Revision of 'Diameter Network Access Server Application - 
             RFC 4005bis' as DIME working group item
  Aug 2010 - Submit Revision of 'Diameter Base Protocol' to the IESG for 
             consideration as a Proposed Standard
  Aug 2010 - Submit 'Diameter Priority Attribute Value Pairs' to the IESG for 
             consideration as a Proposed Standard
  Aug 2010 - Submit 'Diameter Attribute-Value Pairs for Cryptographic Key 
             Transport' to the IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard
  Sep 2010 - Submit 'Diameter Application Design Guidelines' to the IESG for 
             consideration as a BCP document
  Sep 2010 - Submit 'Diameter NAT Control Application' to the IESG for 
             consideration as a Proposed Standard
  Sep 2010 - Submit 'Diameter IKEv2 PSK' to the IESG for consideration as a 
             Proposed Standard
  Sep 2010 - Submit 'Realm-Based Redirection In Diameter' to the IESG for 
             consideration as a Proposed Standard
  Oct 2010 - Submit 'Diameter Extended NAPTR' to the IESG for consideration as a 
             Proposed Standard
  Nov 2010 - Submit 'Diameter Support for Proxy Mobile IPv6 Localized Routing' 
             to the IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard
  Nov 2010 - Submit 'Diameter Support for EAP Re-authentication Protocol' to the 
             IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard
  Jan 2011 - Submit new DIME charter to the IESG
  Nov 2011 - Submit Revision of 'Diameter Network Access Server Application - 
             RFC 4005bis' to the IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard

---

From: "Glen Zorn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 19:36:40 +0200

jouni korhonen [mailto://[email-masked]] writes:

> Hello,
> 
> As indicated in Maastricht meeting we are in a process of updating Dime
> WG milestones. See below the proposal for the updated milestones.
> Comments are solicited.

I really think that ERP & 4005bis should probably switch places, given the
pace at which the ERP app has been progressing, the level of confusion in
the hokey WG & the simplicity of 4005bis.

> _______________________________________________
> DiME mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: jouni korhonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 22:11:18 +0300

Hi,

Righty, point taken. I'll give ERP some more time then. Honestly, I would be amazed if RFC4005bis is a done deal in a year.. RFC3588bis was supposed to be quick as well. So:

  Jun 2011 - Submit 'Diameter Support for EAP Re-authentication Protocol' to the 
             IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard
  Jan 2011 - Submit new DIME charter to the IESG
  Aug 2011 - Submit Revision of 'Diameter Network Access Server Application - 
             RFC 4005bis' to the IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard

- Jouni

---

From: Sebastien Decugis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 10:52:37 +0900

I also agree Diameter ERP will take time :) It has a dependency on:

Nov 2011 - Submit the Hokey architecture draft to IESG

(from the HOKEY milestones)

Best regards,
Sebastien.

-- 
Sebastien Decugis
Research fellow
Network Architecture Group
NICT (nict.go.jp)

---

From: jouni korhonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 14:34:54 +0300

Folks, 

See the latest modified version of the milestones. Unless there are any larger disagreement, this is what we are going forward with.

- Jouni & Lionel

Goals and Milestones:

  Jul 2011 - Submit 'Diameter Support for EAP Re-authentication Protocol' to the 
  Sep 2011 - Submit Revision of 'Diameter Network Access Server Application -