Subject: [Din] Draft IETF-101 DINRG meeting minutes

From: "Dirk Kutscher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 18:30:51 +0200

Hi,

We have posted the draft minutes from last week’s meeting: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/101/materials/minutes-101-dinrg-00.html

Thanks a lot to our note takers Chris and Jordi Paillissé!

Everyone, please let us know if you have additions or corrections.

Best regards,

Dirk & Melinda

---

From: David Mazieres <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 10:23:43 -0700

> Everyone, please let us know if you have additions or corrections.

For Chainspace, my comment:

        David: Can amortize cost over arbitrarily many transactions,
        which has latency, but still low throughput. You could batch
        transactions to increase throughput.

I think maybe I said "but high throughput," not low?  I don't remember
my exact words, but the point I intended to make is that the consensus
algorithm should not impact throughput at all, only latency, since you
can amortize a single round of consensus over an arbitrary number of
transactions.

David

---

From: "Dirk Kutscher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 16:41:24 +0200

Thanks — I’ll clarify that in the minutes.

(This is exactly why we are asking for comments on the draft minutes — 
there may have been misunderstandings, language problems etc.)

Dirk

On 25 Mar 2018, at 19:23, David Mazieres wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Din mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/din

---

From: "Dirk Kutscher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 13:30:05 +0200

We posted the updated minutes (now also with links to presentation 
videos and slides).

Best regards,
Dirk

On 26 Mar 2018, at 16:41, Dirk Kutscher wrote:

> (This is exactly why we are asking for comments on the draft minutes 
> — there may have been misunderstandings, language problems etc.)
>
> Dirk
>