Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-apps-02.txt (fwd)

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 23:00:56 +0300 (EEST)

Hello everybody,

A new revision of the apps area IPv4 address dependency survey has been
published.  The changes have been rather significant.

We'd appreciate comments, corrections etc. so we could wrap it up soon.
Please keep Rute Sofia in the loop as she's editing the document.

Pekka
 writing as v6ops co-chair

p.s. as a gem, a 20 year old Experiemental protocol was discovered which 
is now included in the survey.  I wonder if it was ever used ;-)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:38:02 -0400
From: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce:  ;
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-apps-02.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Survey of IPv4 Addresses in Currently Deployed IETF 
                          Application Area Standards
	Author(s)	: P. Nesser II
	Filename	: draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-apps-02.txt
	Pages		: 54
	Date		: 2003-9-29
	
The transition from an all IPv4 network to an all IPv6 network
requires several interim steps, being one of them the evolution of
current IPv4 dependent specifications to a format independent of the
type of IP addressing schema used. Hence, it is hoped that
specifications will be re-designed and re-implemented to become
network address independent, or at least to dually support IPv4 and
IPv6.
To achieve that step, it is necessary to survey and document all IPv4
dependencies experienced by current standards - Full, Draft, and
Proposed - and Experimental RFCs. Hence, this document describes
IPv4 addressing dependencies that deployed IETF Application Area
documented Standards may experience.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-apps-02.txt

[...]