Subject: An Organized Activity of the ISOC

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 19:36:00 -0700

Below is a (slightly augmented) version of my poll response.
I note that I have not attempted to review the proposals in
detail (I rather stay out of these weeds), but believe I
understand the general gist of the scenarios.

I view Scenario C as overly complex and risky.  For instance,
one cannot assume the newly formed corporation will achieve
non-profit status in a timely manner (if at all).

I view Scenario O as an natural evolution of our existing
operation model.  We are today "an organized activity of
the ISOC" and would remain so.  Scenario O appears to shifts
certain activities from a service provider (CNRI/Foretec)
to the ISOC and facilitates use of other service providers
if and when that is deemed appropriate.

I am far more willing to trust ISOC (based upon operational
experience) than some new entity (which we have no operational
experience with).

For these reasons and more, I strongly prefer Scenario O over C.