Subject: FW: IETF Proceedings Submission Tool

From: "Scott Hollenbeck" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 14:45:59 -0400

Are any applications area working group chairs interested in participating?
Note that it helps if you actually plan to meet in Paris.  Please reply to
the list if you're interested.

-Scott-

-----Original Message-----
From: Barbara B. Fuller [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 2:33 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Sunny Lee; Michael Lee
Subject: IETF Proceedings Submission Tool

Dear IESG Members:

The Secretariat has developed a Web-based tool for uploading materials for 
inclusion in the IETF meeting proceedings.  Brian has tested the tool, and 
has suggested that we gather user feedback from a small number of working 
group chairs at IETF 63, and aim for full deployment at IETF 64.  He also 
suggested that in addition to its intended purpose, the tool might be used 
to upload presentations during the meeting as an adjunct to MP3 streaming.

In order to obtain user feedback on the tool and to assess its suitability 
for on-site use, we would like to have two working groups from each of the 
six technical areas (or a total of 12 working groups) test the tool at IETF 
63.  To this end, we are asking for your assistance in identifying working 
group chairs who are willing to participate in this trial.

All twelve working group chairs will test the "proceedings mode" version of 
the tool before the meeting, and provide some basic feedback to the 
developers.  They will also use this tool to upload their minutes and 
presentation slides after the meeting.  In addition, some of these working 
group chairs will be asked to test the "meeting mode" version of the tool 
and to use it to upload their presentations prior to the start of their 
sessions, so that the presentations will be available to the public during 
the audio-cast.  Since we want to limit the number of groups offering 
simultaneous downloads to two or three, the specific groups selected for 
this latter task will depend on the schedule.

If you would like your area to be included in this effort, then please send 
me the names of the working groups/working group chairs by COB ET on 
Friday, June 10, 2005.  We will contact the participants shortly thereafter 
with instructions for testing the "proceedings mode" version of the 
tool.  We will let them know if they have been selected to test the 
"meeting mode" version of the tool as well by COB ET on Monday, July 18,
2005.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and thank you in advance for 
your assistance.

Regards,

Barbara

------------------------------------------------
Barbara B. Fuller
Acting Executive Director
Internet Engineering Task Force

Natick, Massachusetts Office:

Phone: +1-508-650-4020
Fax:     +1-508-650-4639

Reston, Virginia Office:

Phone: +1-703-620-9053
Fax:     +1-703-620-9071