Subject: Lisa's Apps Area Activity for Sept 2007

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 17:01:06 -0700

Notes:
  - WG meeting schedule requests cutoff is already past. (http:// 
ietf.org/meetings/70-cutoff_dates.html)
  - Cutoff date for preliminary BOF requests is also past.
  - Received request for HTTP BOF, although as we're processing the  
HTTPBIS proposed charter, it might be a WG by Vancouver instead of a  
BOF.

Document Status and Progress

Active Documents: my action
  - draft-creed-ogc-urn (Informational) -- need to review now that  
URN namespace registration debate seems to be over
  - draft-goodwin-iso-urn (Proposed Standard) -- need to review  
latest version from author
  - draft-saintandre-jabberid (Experimental) -- need to do writeup
  - draft-saintandre-rfc4622bis (PS) -- need to do writeup

Stalled, in review, waiting on other:
  - draft-adolf-dvb-urn (Info): in IETF Last Call
  - draft-snell-atompub-bidi (PS): pinged Unicode consortium for  
review on bidi approach
  - draft-mealling-epc-urn (Info): in IETF Last Call
  - draft-ietf-sieve-body (PS): Waiting for new version from authors
  - draft-ietf-imapext-sort (PS): Waiting for IMAPEXT i18n
  - draft-crocker-rfc4234bis (Standard): Waiting for new text from  
authors
  - draft-ietf-sieve-3028bis (PS): Waiting for new version  
incorporating quite a few changes
  - draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn (Experimental): Waiting for new  
version from authors

Finished Processing -- RFC Ed queue and new RFCs
  - draft-crispin-collation-unicasemap (PS): in RFC Ed queue
  - draft-ietf-lemonade-rfc2192bis (PS): in RFC Ed queue
  - RFC 5005: Feed Paging and Archiving

No longer on my plate:
  - draft-hartman-webauth-phishing (Info): Back to the author for  
more community input and revisions.
  - draft-snell-atompub-feature (PS): Decided not to shepherd this  
important AtomPub document because of unclear community consensus  
around required features.
  - draft-wilde-sms-uri (PS): Decided not to shepherd this URI  
proposal as-is because of security concerns around gatewaying to email.

WG Status
  - SIEVE waiting for chairs and ADs to complete document writeups  
and document shepherding
  - IMAPEXT stalled waiting for i18n work to complete
  - ATOMPUB mailing lists active on non-WG-deliverable  topics -- RFC  
for atompub protocol about to pop out of queue!
  - CALSIFY chugging through issues -- chairs declared RFC2445bis  
"closed" for new issues
  - USEFOR stalled on single WG deliverable

Lisa

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 06:19:23 +0200

Hi Lisa,

>  - CALSIFY chugging through issues -- chairs declared RFC2445bis

Just a bit more detail here.  RFC2445bis is pretty much baked.  We may
have one issue open, and we will accept a small number of changes based
on work that is now proceeding on RFC2446bis.  RFC2446bis now has a list
of open issues that can be found in our tracker,
http://www.ofcourseimright.com/cgi-bin/roundup/calsify.  Now is the time
to add issues, as we will be closing that queue Real Soon Now.

On RFC2446bis, we have a number of proposals to deprecate various
components, including SEQUENCE.  This is stirring some debate.  Now is
the time to participate in that debate.  The mailing list is
[email-masked].

Thanks,

Eliot

---

From: Martin Duerst <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 14:40:01 +0900

> - IMAPEXT stalled waiting for i18n work to complete

Any info on what kind of i18n work that is?

Regards,   Martin.

#-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, Assoc. Professor, Aoyama Gakuin University
#-#-#  http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp       mailto:[email-masked]

---

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 11:32:41 -0500

>Any info on what kind of i18n work that is?

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-imapext-i18n-12.txt

Our document editor was out sick for a bit. After he address a couple 
of WG LC comments, we're sending it out for IETF-wide Last Call.

pr
-- 
Pete Resnick <http://www.qualcomm.com/~presnick/>
Qualcomm Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102