Subject: RE: ETSI TISPAN interest in tv:URI

From: "Deventer, M.O. (Oskar) van" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 10:36:43 +0100

All,

The issue of identification of television channels for IPTV Presence has
been discssed at the ETSI TISPAN 14ter and 15 Plenary meetings. This has
lead to the start of a new Work Item in Working Group WG4. 

The new Work Item WI 4014 is titled "Guidelines on TV URI use for the
identification of television channels", see
http://webapp.etsi.org/WorkProgram/Report_WorkItem.asp?WKI_ID=27318.

The subject of IPTV Presence itself ("my buddies being able to see which
TV channel I am watching") will be documented in the protocol document
TS 183 063 "IMS-based IPTV stage 3 specification", see
http://webapp.etsi.org/WorkProgram/Report_WorkItem.asp?WKI_ID=26367

TISPAN WG4 (identifiers) has allocated a session in next TISPAN meeting
dedicated to "Guidelines on TV URI use for the identification of
television channels"". The meeting details are as follows, see
http://webapp.etsi.org/MeetingCalendar/MeetingDetails.asp?mid=11493.

Meeting: TISPAN4-TISPAN WG4 Ad Hoc 
Location: ETSI Headquarters, Sophia Antipolis
Dates: 26-30 November 2007

With this email, I would like to invite interested parties to
participate and/or contribute to this ETSI TISPAN WG4 work.

Best regards,

Oskar 

--------------------------------
dr.ir. M. Oskar van Deventer
TNO Information and Communication Technology
P.O. box 5050
2600 GB  Delft
Netherlands
+31 651 914 918
[email-masked]
--------------------------------
Connecting to a TNO colleague? Call +31 15 285 75 75

-----Original Message-----
From: Deventer, M.O. (Oskar) van [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: woensdag 4 juli 2007 11:35
To: [email-masked]
Subject: ETSI TISPAN interest in tv:URI

All,

The issue of identification of television channels has been discussed in
the ETSI TISPAN 14bis meeting of last week. The application of this
identification is IPTV Presence: a presentity can publish which TV
channel he is watching. The fact that ETSI TISPAN has requirements
related to the identification of TV channels (e.g. tv:URI) is reflected
in the recent update of our internet draft
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-keesmaat-tvreg-01.txt.

TISPAN WG1 (services) and WG2 (architecture) have defined the following
requirements, relevant to our IETF APPS mailing list discussions on the
tv:URI last October.

========== Start of TISPAN requirements ==========

WI01044 (Draft TS 181 016):
"Users' presence information may be related to, e.g., their connection
status, location information, channel currently accessed or acceptable
communication means. Presence information on channel currently accessed
may be used by another user to instruct his set-top box with a single
click to switch to the identified channel, or to instruct his set-top
box to keep following identified channel changes. There may be
significant delays in this following, depending on the update speed of
the presence service.
Any published presence information should only be disseminated other
users that are authorised to receiving this presence information
according to the presentity policies Users can also define a set of
access rules to control access to their presence information.
6.2.1.1		It must be possible to define presence information
related to the IPTV experience, e.g. channel currently accessed. The
identification of the channel currently accessed shall be
machine-readable. Language dependent information may also be made
available to watchers."

WI02048 (Draft TS 182 027):
"The following specific IPTV attributes may also be supported:
channel currently accessed,
program currently watched, when available.
content currently accessed.
If the IPTV presence attribute "channel currently accessed" is
supported, then the machine-readable part of the identification of the
channel shall be globally unique. The term globally unique here means
that there is no ambiguity in the identification of the channel if
presentity and watcher (for terminology, see in ETSI 182 008) are with
different network operators and/or in different countries."

========== End of TISPAN requirements ==========

TISPAN WG4 (identifiers) has allocated a session in next TISPAN meeting
dedicated to "Tv URI identifier and resolution". The meeting details for
this session are as follows.
Meeting: ETSI TISPAN 14ter
Location: ETSI Headquarters, Sophia Antipolis
Dates: 3-7 September 2007
WG4 session on tv:URI: Wednesday 5 September, 11:15-13:00

With this email, I would like to invite interested parties to
participate and/or contribute to this WG4 session.

Best regards,

Oskar 

-----Original Message-----
From: Keesmaat, N.W. (Iko)
Sent: maandag 9 oktober 2006 13:25
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Clive D.W. Feather; Zigmond, Dan
Subject: RE: Reigistry for tv:URI's

[... previous mail thread ...]

This e-mail and its contents are subject to the DISCLAIMER at
http://www.tno.nl/disclaimer/email.html

This e-mail and its contents are subject to the DISCLAIMER at http://www.tno.nl/disclaimer/email.html