Subject: My XML session Sunday 3PM

From: "Tim Bray" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 10:21:47 -0800

Since my agenda isn't posted on the IETF70 site, it might be helpful
for people planning their Sundays to know it, and be sure to stay
away:

- How to think about whether XML is a good choice or not for use in an
Internet protocol.  There are alternatives which are often superior
choices.
- If you are going to use XML, how to think about inventing your own
language as opposed to using an existing one, with a review of some
popular languages you might want to consider adopting.
- If you are going to design your own language, how you might go about
doing so.  This would include discussion of:
-- verbosity vs. terseness
-- the use of schemas, and the choice of available schema languages
-- extensibility
-- i18n and encoding issues

Plus, the crowd will probably be small, so if you have your own
XML/IETF issue that needs discussion, bring it along.  -T