Subject: Lisa's Apps area activity for Nov 2007

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 13:28:17 -0800

Notes
AppArea meetling in Vancouver had two topics looking for general  
interest:
	- YANG and other proposed schema definition approaches for NETCONF  
configuration schemas: long discussion of YANG, a new language, reuse  
of XSD (concrete proposal) and reuse of RelaxNG (no concrete proposal).
	- Brief overview of draft-garcia-app-area-file-data-format, poll for  
interest: none

App area workshop: now collecting position papers.

Other WG meetings mostly focused on resolving internal document  
issues, see at bottom

Document Status and Progress

Active Documents: my action
  - draft-ellermann-news-nntp-uri (Proposed Standard): I need to review
  - draft-adolf-dvb-urn (Informational): I need to do a writeup -- no  
document shepherd
  - draft-goodwin-iso-urn (Informational): I need to do a writeup --  
no doc shepherd
- draft-sjdcox-cgi-urn (None): I need to do a writeup -- no doc shepherd

Stalled, in review, waiting on other:
  - draft-evain-ebu-urn (Informational): Need new text or version  to  
address secdir review
  - draft-klensin-rfc2821bis (Draft Standard): in IETF Last Call
  - draft-ietf-sieve-notify: Ready for IESG Evaluation
  - draft-ietf-sieve-notify-xmpp:  Ready for IESG Evaluation
  - draft-creed-ogc-urn (Informational): Ready for IESG Evaluation
  - draft-ietf-sieve-notify-mailto: waiting on new version after IETF  
last call
  - draft-snell-atompub-bidi (Proposed Standard): author waiting on  
some implementation feedback
  - draft-wilde-sms-uri (Proposed Standard): Waiting for responses or  
revision to address Last call issues
  - draft-ietf-sieve-body (Proposed Standard): Waiting on revised ID  
to deal with gen-art feedback
  - draft-ietf-imapext-sort (Proposed Standard) : waiting for authors  
to revise or decide it's ready

Finished Processing -- RFC Ed queue and new RFCs
  - draft-mealling-epc-urn (Informational)
  - draft-saintandre-rfc4622bis (Proposed Standard)
  - draft-crocker-rfc4234bis (Standard)
  - draft-ietf-sieve-3028bis (Proposed Standard)
  - RFC 5092 - IMAP URL Scheme (Proposed Standard)

Newly "Dead" (or just sleeping)
  - draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn (Experimental): draft timed out  
waiting for authors

WG Status
  - SIEVE pushing final documents through IETF Last Call and IESG Eval.
  - IMAPEXT stalled waiting for i18n work to complete
  - ATOMPUB closed
  - CALSIFY closing down on documents, preparing to do WG last call  
and IETF last call.
  - USEFOR stalled on single WG deliverable
  - HTTP going through issues list and addressing issues in newly  
organized set of documents that replace RFC2616.