Subject: Re: disman status

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 19:38:45 -0800 (PST)

Hi Bert -

> From [email-masked] Tue Jan 18 19:18:20 PST 2000
> Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 19 Jan 00 04:14:32 CET
> From: "Bert Wijnen" <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: disman status
> 
> Randy, I did see lots of email w.r.t. to the 3 disman MIB docs
> that originated from Bob Stewart. I am not sure what the current
> status is. Have new revs been posted. Is there WG consensus on
> those new revs? Is the ball still in your hands or is it back in
> mine?
> 
> Thanks, bert

Here's where we're at, after a rather productive and extended
last call period:

        Event MIB: reviewer says OK, current draft is what
                   we'll use.

        Log MIB: awaiting edits in response to reviewer
                 comments.  New draft should be ready friday
                 2000-01-21.  That's the one we'll use.

        Expression MIB: reviewer says OK with one small change
                to make reference to Event MIB non-normative
                to avoid circular dependency.  Have asked
                editor to produce updated draft.  That'll be
                the one we'll use.

I believe we have WG consensus on all three documents.
It's definitely a "rough" consensus with concerns about MIB
complexity, but I believe there is general agreement that we're
now at the point where more operational experience would make
sense before we tinker any further with these three documents.

With any luck, on Friday we should have the I-D names for
the "blessed" material for your to carry forward.  The 
level of agreement is such that if the reviewers are happy,
I believe the three documents should go forward in my absence.

As for the remote operations document, I think we're awaiting
reviewer feedback.

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           [email-masked]       http://www.bmc.com/
 Voice: +1 408 546-1006  BMC Software, Inc.  1-3141  2141 N. First Street
 Fax:   +1 408 965-0359  San Jose, California 95131  USA
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Any relationship between my opinions and BMC's should be coincidental.
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------