Subject: Script MIB: description of smScriptLanguage

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 16:53:25 +0200

The last paragraph of the description of smScriptSource in RFC 2592 is

            Set requests to change this object are invalid if the
            value of smScriptOperStatus is `enabled', `editing',
            `retrieving' or `compiling' and will result in an
            inconsistentValue error."

I think a similar restriction should apply to smScriptLanguage
(and our Jasmin implementation does so). It would be problematic
to change the language while the script is compiling or being
executed.

However, in the description of smScriptLanguage there isn't any 
statement about the conditions under which this object may be written.

I propose to the following paragraph to the description of
smScriptLanguage:

            Set requests to change this object are invalid if the
            value of smScriptOperStatus is `enabled' or `compiling'
            and will result in an inconsistentValue error."

    Juergen Q.
-- 
Juergen Quittek     [email-masked]     Tel: +49 30 254230-19
NEC Europe Ltd., C&C Research Laboratories   Fax: +49 30 254230-99
Hardenbergplatz 2, 10623 Berlin, Germany   http://www.ccrle.nec.de

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 17:43:35 +0200

>>>>> Juergen Quittek writes:

[...]

Juergen> However, in the description of smScriptLanguage there isn't
Juergen> any statement about the conditions under which this object
Juergen> may be written.

Juergen> I propose to the following paragraph to the description of
Juergen> smScriptLanguage:

Juergen>             Set requests to change this object are invalid if
Juergen> the value of smScriptOperStatus is `enabled' or `compiling'
Juergen> and will result in an inconsistentValue error."

Makes sense to me.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder      Technical University Braunschweig
<[email-masked]>  Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks
Phone: +49 531 391 3289    Bueltenweg 74/75, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Fax:   +49 531 391 5936    <URL:http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw/>