Subject: reminder: disman docs for "proposed"

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 13:19:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

I just checked http://www.ops.ietf.org/draft-status.html
The status for these documents should be updated:

    draft-ietf-disman-notif-log-mib-16.txt
    draft-ietf-disman-express-mib-11.txt
    draft-ietf-disman-event-mib-09.txt
    draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-08.txt

All of these have completed WG last call.
All have been approved by their respective reviewers.
I have subsequently requested that these be taken to
the IESG for consideration as proposed standards.

Is there any additional action needed from me or the WG?

 -------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           [email-masked]
 Voice: +1 408 546-1006  BMC Software, Inc.  1-3141
 Fax:   +1 408 965-0359  2141 North First Street
 http://www.bmc.com/     San José, California 95131  USA
 -------------------------------------------------------
 My opinions and BMC's are independent variables.
 -------------------------------------------------------

---

From: rp <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 15:04:50 +0100

>     draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-08.txt

I do not know if the remarcs I am going to do are outdated or even if
they should be done. I think I have found some minor "bugs" in the
draft-ietf-disman-expression-mib-11.txt file:

- on the expObjectIDWildcard description it is mentioned that
"expExpressionPrefix will reflect a scalar object (ie will be 0.0)". On
the other hand, on expExpressionPrefix description it says "If the
expValueInstance portion of the value OID may be treated as a scalar
(that is, normally, 0) the value of expExpressionPrefix is zero length,
that is, no OID at all. Note that zero length implies a null OID, not
the OID 0.0.". I think there is some incoherence here...

- on the expObjectID description it is mentioned expObjectWildcard. I
think it should be expObjectIDWildcard...

- on the expObjectIDWildcard description it is mentioned
expObjectWildcard. I think it should be expObjectIDWildcard...

- I presume that the expExpressionPrefix object value is implementation
dependent, but I think it should be mentioned in the document if it can
be equal to any of the wildcarded expObjectID of the expression and, if
so, which one of them (any/first/last/shorter...).

Well, I am sorry if this remarcs are some how irrelevant, but I believe
they can help to improve the document.

Best regards,

Rui Pedro Lopes