Subject: RE: JointNM

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 16:21:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

> From: [email-masked]
> To: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
> cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 18:43:46 -0400
> Subject: RE: JointNM
...
> >There is some later work on "disseminator" objects that is also
> >pertinent, and provides the same capabilities, though it is
> >oriented towards reliable delivery rather than clearing.  If I
> >remember correctly, Bob Moore was the project editor.
> 
> Not guilty!  While there was some IBM support for this work, I
> was never involved as the editor.  The one standard I did edit
> (for a while) is IS 10164-16 (X.???), Management Knowledge
> Management.  By coincidence, my role in editing this document
> came up in an IETF context for the first time last week, at the
> ELSE BOF in Pittsburgh.
...

Sorry, I stand corrected.  Do you recall where the disseminator
work ended up?  I thought it was an amendment to the Log Control
Function, but my memory is obviously getting fuzzy.

It's interesting that MKMF should come up again.  Is there
any chance that we might get that capability in the SNMP
world, even if via LDAP?

 -------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           [email-masked]
 Voice: +1 408 546-1006  BMC Software, Inc.  1-3141
 Fax:   +1 408 965-0359  2141 North First Street
 http://www.bmc.com/     San José, California 95131  USA
 -------------------------------------------------------
 My opinions and BMC's are independent variables.
 -------------------------------------------------------