Subject: Re: FW: paper CR

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 12:46:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

> Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
> From: "Ehab  S. Al-Shaer" <[email-masked]>
> To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>,
>         "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
> Subject: FW: paper CR
> Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 23:12:10 -0500
...
> I found DISMAN WG is the most appropriate place for presenting and 
> sharing my work. If you agree, please advise how I would I go forward 
> with this proposal (getting the community feedback, framework presentation, 
> and writing an Internet draft)? Attached is the full journal version of
> the paper. Thank you for effort.
...

Thanks for your interest in sharing your work!

Recommendations: (these apply to ANYONE proposing that the disman
working group take on a project)

    1) subscribe to the disman working group mailing list.
       instructions are at 
       http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/disman-charter.html
       (I didn't see your email address among the subscribers)

    2) before posting, note well the intellectual property
       requirements stated in RFC 2026!
       http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2026.txt

    3) make your work available to the working group,
       preferably as flat ASCII, rather than PostScript
       text, though PostScript might be ok for gauging
       initial interest.  (Folks are generally more likely
       to read something if it is available in ASCII.)
       A URL would suffice.  The working group does have
       an FTP site where, with your permission, your
       material could be made available.  If you can post
       your material as a personal internet draft, so much
       the better.  The instructions for doing so are at
       http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.txt

    4) be prepared to address the security considerations
       inherent in your proposal.

The working group is at a point where it is appropriate
to consider whether we are interested in taking on new
work items, so I suggest moving quickly.

 -------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           [email-masked]
 Voice: +1 408 546-1006  BMC Software, Inc.  1-3141
 Fax:   +1 408 965-0359  2141 North First Street
 http://www.bmc.com/     San José, California 95131  USA
 -------------------------------------------------------
 My opinions and BMC's are independent variables.
 -------------------------------------------------------