Subject: GUI application for RFC2592 ScriptMIB agents

From: Ron Sprenkels <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 16:06:14 +0200

Hello,

We wrote a small management tool called ScriptMIBControl to facilitate working
with the Script MIB (RFC 2592).

It provides a GUI that allows you to create and delete entries in the
smScriptTable, the smLaunchTable and the smRunTable of a scriptMIB agent. More
info (including links to download the source code, compiled code, and some
screenshots) can be found here:

  http://www.simpleweb.org/software/packages/ScriptMibControl/

The program uses the Java 'scriptmib' Client Package by TU Braunschweig
(http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/projects/jasmin/scriptmib.html). This package takes
care of interfacing to the Script MIB agent through SNMP. 

Features of smControl include:

 o GUI based, written in Java, source included.
 
 o Contents of the MIB tables shown in table format on screen, with buttons to
   add/delete entries.

If you have any comments on or questions about this package, don't hesitate to
email us at [email-masked].

Ruben Marsman and Ron Sprenkels

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ron Sprenkels  [email-masked]   http://www.cs.utwente.nl/~sprenkel
University of Twente, Department of Computer Science, TSS Management group 
P.O. Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede, The Netherlands.    (Tel. +31 53 489 4663)