Subject: Protocol Action: Distributed Management Expression MIB to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 09:59:52 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Distributed Management
Expression MIB' <draft-ietf-disman-express-mib-12.txt> as a Proposed
Standard.  This document is the product of the Distributed Management
Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and Randy
Bush.

Technical Summary
 
  This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
  for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
  In particular, it describes managed objects used for managing
  expressions of MIB objects.  The results of these expressions become
  MIB objects usable like any other MIB object, such as for the test
  condition for declaring an event.

Working Group Summary

  There was at least one implementation based on an earlier
  internet-draft version of this work.  The Working Group has
  (rough) consensus that this document is ready for publication
  as Proposed Standard, so that we can start to collect more
  implementation experience.

Protocol Quality

  This document has been reviewed for the IESG by David Harrington and
  Bert Wijnen.