Subject: FW: Optical Channel MIB changes

From: "Lam, Hing-Kam (Kam)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 17:43:05 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Lam, Hing-Kam (Kam) 
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2001 5:28 PM
To: 'Nathan Kohn'; Mark Stewart
Cc: AToM Working Group
Subject: RE: Optical Channel MIB changes

Mark,

According to G.709, within a OCh layer, it is possible to have zero to six
instances of ODUkT sublayers. That is, the relationship between OCh and
ODUkT is one to n (0 <= n <= 6). Therefore, the index of the ODUkT group in
the San Diego version of the MIB should be updated to allow this.

Regarding ARC, Anni and I propose the following:

1.  In the next version of the otn-MIB:
Create a new ARC table. ( if we can find home for this table in the DISMAN
WG, then it will be deleted from the otn mib,
otherwise, it will stay.)

2.  We are going to propose a ARC MIB to DISMAN WG explaining why it is
important to have ARC. Both items are targeted for the March IETF meeting.
We think this will make the MIB cleaner and cover the requirements for both
pre-otn and otn network devices.

Regards,
Kam

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathan Kohn [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2001 11:23 AM
To: Mark Stewart
Cc: AToM Working Group
Subject: Optical Channel MIB changes

mark

in conversation you've mentioned a few changes you might make (additions
or deletions) to  the Optical Channel MIB since it was originally posted
for the San Diego IETF atommib session.

for the benefit of the WG could you summarize these changes, e.g.
alarms, add/drop, etc., any new info on the open issues from the meeting
and perhaps also comment on how this work with other WG such as disman.
(you may want to break it up into two or three emails in order to
establish threads)

also, according the charter changes regarding the Optical Channel MIB,
another rev was going to come out in january, do you think that will
still happen?

the next IETF mtg is only 2 months away, so i suppose that it is not to
early to be thinking about requesting a slot for atommib.

thanks
nathan kohn
[email-masked]