Subject: RFC 2591 updates

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 16:17:10 -0800 (PST)

Hi -

After the discussion of possible snmpconf scheduling
requirements on this list and at the San Diego IETF meeting,
I think we're at the point where I can go ahead with
the interoperability reports and recommend to our AD that
draft-ietf-disman-schedule-mib-v2-01.txt be recommended for
advancement to "Proposed Standard".

Objections?

 -------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           [email-masked]
 Voice: +1 408 546-1006  BMC Software, Inc.  1-3141
 Fax:   +1 408 965-0359  2141 North First Street
 http://www.bmc.com/     San José, California 95131  USA
 -------------------------------------------------------
 My opinions and BMC's are independent variables.
 -------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 18:01:53 +0100

>>>>> Randy Presuhn writes:

Randy> After the discussion of possible snmpconf scheduling
Randy> requirements on this list and at the San Diego IETF meeting, I
Randy> think we're at the point where I can go ahead with the
Randy> interoperability reports and recommend to our AD that
Randy> draft-ietf-disman-schedule-mib-v2-01.txt be recommended for
Randy> advancement to "Proposed Standard".

There are some pending edits (see also Frank's posts a few weeks ago)
so that we should have another ID. I plan to do that in the second
half of January.

If we manage to get "basic object comparison testing" done (see RFC
2438), then we might be able to advance to Draft Standard. Note that
we will release an open source implementation based on the net-snmp
(formerly ucd-snmp) toolkit within the next few weeks.

I have been told that some vendors are going to ship RFC 2591 in
products in 2001. So I think it should be in their own interest to get
the RFC 2591 revision promoted to Draft Standard.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder      Technical University Braunschweig
<[email-masked]>  Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks
Phone: +49 531 391 3289    Bueltenweg 74/75, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Fax:   +49 531 391 5936    <URL:http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw/>