Subject: RFC 2591 (schedule MIB) revision

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 19:18:31 +0100

I just posted <draft-ietf-disman-schedule-mib-v2-02.txt> which
contains resolutions of all the issues reported on RFC 2591.

I also took the liberty to add a new open issue, which came up during
our implementation exercise. We found it very useful to have the
following counter available:

       schedTriggers OBJECT-TYPE
           SYNTAX      Counter32
           MAX-ACCESS  read-only
           STATUS      current
           DESCRIPTION
               "This variable counts the number of attempts (either
                successful or failed) to invoke the scheduled action."
           ::= { schedEntry 21 }

This counter is easy to implement and gives a nice way to find out
whether a schedule is really working and what the success/failure
ratio is.

I personally would like to add this column, even if this implies to
recycle at proposed. Please post your opinion on this so that we can
see whether there is WG consensus.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder      Technical University Braunschweig
<[email-masked]>  Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks
Phone: +49 531 391 3289    Bueltenweg 74/75, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Fax:   +49 531 391 5936    <URL:http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw/>

---

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 13:13:01 -0800 (PST)

Hi -

> Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 19:18:31 +0100
> Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
> From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
> To: DISMAN WG <[email-masked]>
> Subject: RFC 2591 (schedule MIB) revision
...
> contains resolutions of all the issues reported on RFC 2591.

Thanks.

> see whether there is WG consensus.
...

Since new material has appeared, the WG last call period on
this document will run to January 31, 2001.  If there is rough
consensus that this new object makes sense, I'll ask our AD
to present the document to the IESG for consideration as a
Proposed Standard.  If there is not consensus to add this
object, I'll ask our AD to present the document to the IESG
for consideration as a Draft Standard.

 -------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           [email-masked]
 Voice: +1 408 546-1006  BMC Software, Inc.  1-3141
 Fax:   +1 408 965-0359  2141 North First Street
 http://www.bmc.com/     San José, California 95131  USA
 -------------------------------------------------------
 My opinions and BMC's are independent variables.
 -------------------------------------------------------