Subject: Tcl runtime for the Script MIB (RFC 2592) available

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 17:41:16 +0100

I am happy to announce that there is now a Tcl runtime engine for the
open-source Jasmin Script MIB (RFC 2592) implementation.

The Tcl runtime implements the SMX protocol as defined in RFC 2593 and
should thus work with any Script MIB implementation which supports
SMX.  The runtime supports safe Tcl interpreters and it has the
capability to define new runtime security profiles since security
profiles are themself Tcl scripts. 

The SMX implementation has been integrated into the Tnm Tcl extension,
which is distributed as part of the scotty package. (You need to get
the current sources from the anon CVS repository since there is no new
scotty snapshot yet.)

The Tcl runtime is running on the Jasmin demo agent for testing
purposes. For more information, visit:

http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/projects/jasmin/
http://wwwsnmp.cs.utwente.nl/~schoenw/scotty/

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder      Technical University Braunschweig
<[email-masked]>  Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks
Phone: +49 531 391 3289    Bueltenweg 74/75, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Fax:   +49 531 391 5936    <URL:http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw/>