Subject: *** IDMS 2001 - CFP Deadline Extended to 27th May ***

From: "Doug Shepherd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 16:18:04 +0100

--> We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this. <--

Due to popular demand, the call for papers deadline has
been extended by one week to the 27th May.

                 Call For Papers DEADLINE EXTENDED 

                          *** IDMS 2001 ***

                    8th International Workshop on
              Interactive Distributed Multimedia Systems

                  September 4-7, 2001, Lancaster, UK
                       http://www.idms2001.org

The aim of the IDMS series of workshops is to bring together 
researchers, developers, and practitioners from academia and
industry to provide a forum for discussion, presentation and
exploration of technologies and advances in the broad field
of interactive distributed multimedia systems. 

IDMS interests range from core system technologies such as 
networking and operating system support to all kinds of
teleservices and distributed multimedia applications.

Relevant topics include, but are not limited to:
* Mobile multimedia systems
* Next generation Internet 
* Multimedia middleware 
* Quality of service issues 
* Multimedia communication protocols 
* Resource management
* Multimedia-specific mobile agents
* Programmable networking for multimedia applications 
* Development tools for distributed multimedia applications
* Multimedia content management
* Multimedia distribution and transport
* Multimedia encoding and compression
* Ubiquitous computing
* Multimedia conferencing

IDMS 2001 will consist of a two and a half day technical
program, plus a full day of tutorials, and demonstrations
during the workshop. In order to keep the flavour of a 
workshop, the number of participants will be restricted. 
Furthermore, we encourage contributions in the form of full
papers and position papers. Full papers should describe
innovative and significant work. Position papers are meant
to enable researchers to present exciting ongoing work in
early stages, opinions about current developments, and 
suggestions for future directions. The purpose of position
papers is to provide a seed for debate and discussion.
Both types of paper will be reviewed by the program committee
and included in the workshop proceedings. The proceedings
will be published by Springer-Verlag as part of the Lecture
Notes in Computer Science series.

Information for authors:
========================

Authors are invited to submit full papers and position
papers in electronic form (PDF, PostScript, MS Word, DVI)
through our registration Web site. Submitted manuscripts
must describe original work (not submitted elsewhere). 
Final versions of accepted papers must be structured 
according to the instructions of Springer-Verlag (authors
are therefore encouraged to submit their manuscripts for
review in this format also). Full papers must not be 
longer than 12 single spaced pages and position papers 
must not be longer than 6 single spaced pages. Both 
types of paper should contain an abstract of approximately
300 words, and include title, authors and affiliations. 
For further information, please contact a member of the 
local organising committee, at [email-masked].

Tutorials:
==========

The first day of the workshop will be devoted to tutorials.
One stream of tutorials will be devoted to the Next Generation
Internet, with recognised experts covering issues such as IPv6
deployment and transitioning, support for mobility, QoS
provisioning and other hot topics. A second stream of
tutorials, aimed more towards distributed multimedia is also
planned. Potential speakers for either stream are invited to
send proposals for presentations covering any of the emerging
topics relevant to the workshop. Each proposal should include
a biography of the speaker and an outline summary of the
presentation, and be sent to the tutorial chair for
consideration. Please see the IDMS 2001 WWW site for further
information.

Demonstrations and Poster Sessions:
===================================

We are also interested in receiving information about proto-
type multimedia systems relevant to IDMS which could be 
demonstrated at the workshop. Furthermore, poster sessions
will also be organised to allow delegates to disseminate
their research ideas and results in a more interactive way.
For more information, please contact a member of the local
organising committee at [email-masked].

Important dates:
================

Extended Submission Deadline: May 27, 2001
Notification of acceptance: June 8, 2001
Camera ready version: June 22, 2001

Further Information:
====================

If you require any further information concerning IDMS 2001,
visit our WWW site at http://www.idms2001.org. If that fails
to provide sufficient information, please do not hesitate to
contact a member of the local organising committee, reachable
via e-mail at [email-masked].

Program Chair: Prof. D. Shepherd, Lancaster University, UK
Tutorial Chair: Dr. C. Edwards, Lancaster University, UK
Local Organising Committee Chair: Dr. J. Finney, Lancaster University, UK

Programme Committee:

 Arturo Azcorra, University Carlos III, Madrid, Spain 
 Gregor v. Bochmann, University of Ottawa, Canada 
 Jan Bormans, IMEC, Belgium 
 Berthold Butscher, GMD-FOKUS, Germany 
 Andrew Campbell, Columbia University, USA 
 Tim Chown, University of Southampton, United Kingdom 
 Luca Delgrossi, University of Piacenza, Italy 
 Michel Diaz, LAAS-CNRS, France 
 Jordi Domingo-Pascual, Politechnic University of Catalonia, Spain 
 Wolfgang Effelsberg, University of Mannheim, Germany 
 Frank Eliassen, University of Oslo, Norway 
 Serge Fdida, LiP6, France 
 Vera Goebel, University of Oslo, Norway 
 Tobias Helbig, Philips Research Laboratories, Germany 
 David Hutchison, Lancaster University, United Kingdom 
 Winfried Kalfa, TU Chemnitz, Germany 
 Guy Leduc, University of Liege, Belgium 
 Laurent Mathy, Lancaster University, UK 
 Ketan Mayer-Patel, University of North Carolina, USA 
 Jason Nieh, Columbia University, USA 
 Greg O'Shea, Microsoft Research, UK
 Philippe Owezarski, LAAS-CNRS, France 
 Fernando Pereira, Instituto Superior Tecnico, Portugal 
 Thomas Plagemann, University of Oslo, Norway 
 Timothy Roscoe, Sprint Labs, USA 
 Hans Scholten, University of Twente, The Netherlands 
 Patrick Senac, ENSICA, France 
 Marten van Sinderen, University of Twente, The Netherlands 
 Ralf Steinmetz, TU Darmstadt/GMD, Germany 
 Fred Stentiford, BTexaCT Research, United Kingdom 
 Burkhard Stiller, ETH Zurich, Switzerland 
 Giorgio Ventre, University Federico II, Napoli, Italy 
 Lars Wolf, University of Karlsruhe, Germany