Subject: Expression MIB Implementation Report slides for this afternoon

From: Ramanathan Kavasseri <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 09:48:00 -0800

Slide 1

        RFC 2982 (Expression MIB) Implementation Report

          Ramanathan R. Kavasseri,
          Cisco Systems Inc.
          email: [email-masked]

Slide 2
        Vendor: Cisco Systems
        Contact: [email-masked]
        Platforms: 7500, 12000, 7200, 5800, 5200

        Cisco's implementation is based on the firstdraft of the
disman-expression MIB, not on RFC 2982.
        The first draft contained the expNameTable, while RFC 2982 does
not.

Slide 3

DISMAN EXPRESSION MIB implementation report

Vendor: Cisco Systems
Contact: [email-masked]
Platforms: 7500, 12000, 7200, 5800, 5200
        Cisco's implementation is based on the first
        draft of the disman-expression MIB, not on RFC 2982.
        The first draft contained the expNameTable, while
        RFC 2982 does not.

Group                                   Manager Agent
dismanExpressionResourceGroup           -       y
dismanExpressionDefinitionGroup         -       y
dismanExpressionValueGroup              -       y

For the following objects, use "full" to indicate that
the full SYNTAX and MAX-ACCESS are supported; "sub" to
indicate that either MIN-ACCESS or refined SYNTAX applies;
or "-" if the object is not implemented.

Object                                  Manager         Agent
expResourceDeltaMinimum                 -                full
expObjectSampleType                     -                full
expObjectIDWildcard                     -                full
expObjectDiscontinuityIDWildcard        -                -
expObjectConditionalWildcard            -                full

Manager Interoperates with: _________________________
Agent Interoperates with: Cisco's SNMP PROXY MANAGER implementation.

Slide 4
      Details of shipping product
        Expression MIB shipped on the Cisco as5800 platform in 1999
        The CISCO-5800-HEALTH-MON-MIB on the System Controller
(supervisor module)
              sets "expressions" on the individual router-shelves of the

as5800 to monitor iomem
              utilization.
        RMON alarms are then configured to watch the above expressions,
and to trigger a
              notification to the System Controller when the threshold
is exceeded.