Subject: disman meeting summary

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 11:38:34 -0800 (PST)

Hi -

The disman working group met for one two-hour session on
December 12, 2001 at the 52nd IETF meeting in Salt Lake
City, Utah.  The group reviewed outstanding issues and
implementation reports for the Expression, Event, Log, and
Remote Operations MIBs.  Although there is some implementation
experience with all of these, the sense of the room was that it
is not sufficient to justify requesting progression of these
specifications at this time.  The editors will maintain I-Ds
tracking issues, clarifications, and corrections.  Most of
the meeting was spent on the Alarm work.  The Active Alarm MIB
looks like it will meet our schedule; the Alarm Report Control
MIB is slipping.  There was a presentation on possible new
work on clustering and replication of management information.
Follow up on the mailing list is needed before the working
group can make a recommendation whether to pursue this work.
The intention is for the WG to shut down or re-charter early
in 2002.

 ------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn          BMC Software, Inc.  1-3141
 [email-masked]  2141 North First Street
 Tel: +1 408 546-1006   San José, California 95131  USA
 ------------------------------------------------------
 My opinions and BMC's are independent variables.
 ------------------------------------------------------