Subject: RE: Alarm #35, #36 - Varbinds to alarmActive Notification

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 13:37:12 -0400

hi

I guess I never responded to this. Yes, that should
be alarmActiveModelPointer. 

You're right. Both notifications need to be changed.

thanks,

Sharon

-----Original Message-----
From: David Partain [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 8:32 AM
To: Chisholm, Sharon [CAR:NM50:EXCH]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Alarm #35, #36 - Varbinds to alarmActive Notification

Hi,

Thanks for the work on getting these issues closed out.

> Alarm #36 Varbinds to alarmActiveState notifications
>   Using explicit varbinds if model, state and name or using
>   alarmActiveModelPointer
>   Option 1) varbind alarmListName, alarmModelIndex, alarmModelState
>   Option 2) varbind alarmActiveModelPointer
>
> Solution: Replace alarmModelIndex and alarmModelState
>   in alarmActiveState notification with alarmModelPointer.

Actually, I _think_ you mean alarmActiveModelPointer, right?

NOTE:  Your suggestion doesn't provide a change to
alarmClearState, which has exactly the same problem as
alarmActiveState.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Change 1:

So, just to make sure I have it right, you're proposing that:

   alarmActiveState NOTIFICATION-TYPE
    OBJECTS     { alarmModelIndexVarbind,
                  alarmModelStateVarbind,
                  alarmActiveResourceId }
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
       "An instance of the alarm indicated by
       alarmModelIndexVarbind has been raised
       against the entity indicated by
       alarmActiveResourceType and alarmACtiveResourceId."
    ::= { alarmNotifications 2 }

becomes

   alarmActiveState NOTIFICATION-TYPE
    OBJECTS     { alarmActiveModelPointer,
                  alarmActiveResourceId }
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
       "An instance of the alarm modeled in the model table
       pointed to by alarmActiveModelPointer has been raised
       against the entity indicated by alarmActiveResourceId."
    ::= { alarmNotifications 2 }

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Change 2:

Since alarmClearState also has to be fixed, I suggest that:

   alarmClearState NOTIFICATION-TYPE
      OBJECTS     { alarmModelIndexVarbind,
                    alarmActiveResourceId }
      STATUS      current
      DESCRIPTION
        "An instance of the alarm indicated by
        alarmModelIndexVarbind has been cleared against
        the entity indicated by alarmActiveResourceType
        and alarmACtiveResourceId."
      ::= { alarmNotifications 3 }

be changed to:

   alarmClearState NOTIFICATION-TYPE
      OBJECTS     { alarmActiveModelPointer,
                    alarmActiveResourceId }
      STATUS      current
      DESCRIPTION
        "An instance of the alarm modeled in the model table row
        pointed to by alarmActiveModelPointer has been cleared
        against the entity indicated by alarmActiveResourceId."
      ::= { alarmNotifications 3 }

Cheers,

dlp