Subject: Alarm #26, 27

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 07:26:11 -0400

hi

Randy said individual, but to conserve email, I figured I'd double
up some of the more benign open issues.

Alarm #26 Extensibility of alarmActiveEntry
  "In the overview, it would be nice to add a description regarding the
  extensibility of
  the AlarmActiveEntry.  I think this is an important feature."
  Solution:
  Add text to section 4.1.1 explaining that more information can be
  stored for an active alarm by defining a table extension of
alarmActiveEntry.

Alarm #27 Resource Type
  "Section 4.1.4, it is not clear to me how it can be know what type of
  resource the alarm
  is for.  It would be nice to have a description of this."
  Solution: 
  Add text explaining that the consumer of the resourceID does
  not necessarily need to know the type of the resource in the resource ID,
  but if they want to know this, it can be derived by examining the content
  of the resource ID - 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.1.something is an interface for
  example.

Sharon Chisholm
Preside Management
Nortel Networks
Ottawa, Ontario