Subject: RE: resource identification

From: "Lam, Hing-Kam (Kam)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 00:57:16 -0400

Agree. The syntax of arcIndex will be changed to the ResourceId TC from the alarm mib as suggested.
 
Regards,
Kam Lam 

-----Original Message-----
From: Sharon Chisholm [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 8:43 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: ARC: resource identification

hi 

[Apologies if this email comes through all smine and html-like. 
My outlook has just been "upgraded" and I can't find all the options.] 

I'm still reading through the ARC draft, but here's the first issue 
to ensure it gets in before the end of call: resource identification. 

I've mentioned before that ARC and the Alarm MIB should really be 
referring to resources in a consistent manner. The arcIndex is an 
object identifier, which is the same data type used in the Alarm 
MIB, but it would be better if you imported the ResourceId textual 
convention to enforce the relationship. 

Sharon Chisholm 
Preside Management 
Nortel Networks 
Ottawa, Canada