Subject: IDMS / PROMS 2002: Tutorial Announcement

From: "Edmundo Monteiro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 17:15:39 -0000

Please distribute in your research groups and sorry if you receive
multiple copies.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------

IDMS/PROMS'2002
Joint International Workshop on Interactive Distributed Multimedia
Systems / Protocols for Multimedia Systems
University of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal, November 26-29, 2002, 
http://ip2002.dei.uc.pt/

IDMS/PROMS'2002 will consist of a two and a half day technical program,
plus a full day of tutorials, and demonstrations during the workshop. 

The first dayof the workshop(November 26th)will be devoted to tutorials:

Tutorial 1 (26th morning) - Internet Multimedia (streaming media), by
Prof. Henning Schulzrinne, Columbia University, USA.
     
Tutorial 2 (26th morning) - Internet Middleware, by Prof. Mikhail
Smirnow , Fraunhofer Institute FOKUS, Germany. 
      
Tutorial 3 (26th afternoon) - IP Network Monitoring and Measurements:
Techniques and Experiences, by Doctor Philippe Owezarski, LAAS-CNRS,
France.
   
Tutorial 4 (26th afternoon) - Media Representation Standards for the New
Millennium, by Prof. Fernando Pereira, IST, Portugal.

A detailed descrition of the tutorial programme, the final conference
programme, and registration information can be found at:
http://ip2002.dei.uc.pt/index1.html

For more information please contact mailto:[email-masked]

Hope to see you in Coimbra !

Edmundo Monteiro
Tutorial Chair