Subject: [Disman] Proposed Resolutions to iesg-2, iesg-3, iesg-4 and other-1

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 09:44:09 -0500

Hi

-------------------
The following is the proposed resolution to iesg-2

Replace

"  Alarm Clear
    The detection that the fault indicated by an alarm no longer
    exists.  A Notification SHOULD be sent on alarm clear."

With

"  Alarm Clear
    The detection that the fault indicated by an alarm no longer
    exists.  "

And add the following text at the end of the first paragraph in 3.3.2. 

"  Alarms SHOULD be modelled so Notification are sent on alarm clear."

-------------------
The following is the proposed resolution to iesg-3.

In section 3.4 replace

" Security for alarms is awkward since access control for the objects
  in the underlying Notifications can be checked only where the
  Notification is created.  Thus such checking is possible only for
  locally generated Notifications, and even then only when security
  credentials are available."

" Given the nature of VACM, security for alarms is awkward since 
  access control for the objects in the underlying Notifications 
  can be checked only where the Notification is created.  Thus 
  such checking is possible only for locally generated Notifications, 
  and even then only when security credentials are available."

-------------------
The following is the proposed resolution to iesg-4. 

Replace 

"assigned. Values of IANAProbableCause greater than 1024 may be"

With

"assigned. Values of IANAItuProbableCause greater than 1024 may be"

--------------------
The following is the proposed resolution to other-1

Remove couter32 from the imports in the ITU-ALARM-MIB

----------------------------

Sharon Chisholm
Portfolio Integration
Nortel Networks
Ottawa, Canada