Subject: [Disman] lookup-mib-1

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 17:02:39 +0100

Dear all,

Here is the LOOKUP MIB issue:

Object lookupCtlOperStatus is defined as

 lookupCtlOperStatus OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      INTEGER {
                   notStarted(2), -- operation has not started
                   completed(3)   -- operation is done
                }
    MAX-ACCESS  read-only
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
        "Reflects the operational state of an lookupCtlEntry:

           enabled(1)    - Operation is active.
           notStarted(2) - Operation has not been enabled.
           completed(3)  - Operation has completed.

         An operation is automatically enabled(1) when its
         lookupCtlRowStatus object is transitioned to active(1)
         status.  Until this occurs lookupCtlOperStatus MUST
         report a value of notStarted(2).  After the lookup
         operation completes (success or failure) the value
         for lookupCtlOperStatus MUST be transitioned to
         completed(3)."
    ::= { lookupCtlEntry 5 }

Obviously, value enabled(1) is missing in the SYNTAX clause.
It needs to be added.  I guess implementers of this MIB module
did implement it anyway.

My question is:  Does adding this (obvious) value to the SYNTAX
clause require the document to start again as proposed standard
or can it progress with this change towards draft standard?

Thanks,

    Juergen
-- 
Juergen Quittek        [email-masked]       Tel: +49 6221 90511-15
NEC Europe Ltd.,       Network Laboratories        Fax: +49 6221 90511-55
Kurfuersten-Anlage 36, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany   http://www.ccrle.nec.de