Subject: [Disman] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-v2-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:46:39 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Distributed Management Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Definitions of Managed Objects for Remote Ping, Traceroute, and Lookup Operations
	Author(s)	: J. Quittek, K. White
	Filename	: draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-v2-01.txt
	Pages		: 76
	Date		: 2004-2-11
	
This memo defines Management Information Bases (MIBs) for performing
remote ping, traceroute and lookup operations at a remote host.  When
managing a network it is useful to be able to initiate and retrieve
the results of ping or traceroute operations when performed at a
remote host.  A Lookup capability is defined in order to enable
resolving of either an IP address to an DNS name or an DNS name to an
IP address at a remote host.
Currently, there are several enterprise-specific MIBs for performing
remote ping or traceroute operations.  The purpose of this memo is to
define a standards-based solution to enable interoperability.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-v2-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-v2-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-v2-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 22:48:41 +0100

Dear all,

Below please find the list of changes in the remops I-D
(draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-v2-01.txt) since the last
version (except a set of pure editorial changes).

Randy, it looks like we are ready to enter WG last call.

Thanks,

    Juergen
-- 
Juergen Quittek        [email-masked]        Tel: +49 6221 90511-15
NEC Europe Ltd.,       Network Laboratories        Fax: +49 6221 90511-55
Kurfuersten-Anlage 36, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany   http://www.ccrle.nec.de

DISMAN-NSLOOKUP-MIB:
   - added value enabled(1) to SYNTAX clause of lookupCtlOperStatus

DISMAN-PING-MIB:
   - correctly considered IPv6 in DESCRIPTION clause of
     pingCtlDataSize
   - added DEFVAL { {} } to definition of pingCtlTrapGeneration
   - extended DESCRIPTION clause of pingResultsTable describing
     re-initialization of entries
   - changed SYNTAX of pingResultsProbeResponses and
     pingResultsSentProbes from Unsigned32 to Gauge32

DISMAN-TRACEROUTE-MIB:
   - correctly considered IPv6 in DESCRIPTION clause of object
     traceRouteCtlDataSize
   - clarified DESCRIPTION clause of object
     traceRouteResultsLastGoodPath
   - changed range of object traceRouteCtlInitialTtl from (0..255)
     to (1..255)
   - extended DESCRIPTION clause of traceRouteResultsTable
     describing re-initialization of entries
   - changed SYNTAX of traceRouteResultsTestAttempts and
     traceRouteResultsTestSuccesses from Unsigned32 to Gauge32

all three:
   - replaced references to RFC 2575 by RFC 3415
   - replaced references to RFC 2571 by RFC 3411
   - replaced references to RFC 2851 by RFC 3291

---

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 22:48:41 +0100

Dear all,

Thanks,

    Juergen

DISMAN-NSLOOKUP-MIB:

DISMAN-PING-MIB:

DISMAN-TRACEROUTE-MIB:

all three:

---

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:30:28 -0800

Hi -

I'd like to begin a BRIEF working group last call on the updates
to the disman Remote Operations MIBs, currently a proposed
standard.   This WG last call will end on March 2, 2004, after
the face-to-face meeting in Seoul.

The current internet draft is at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-v2-01.txt

Since there has been no real controversy about the updates,
I believe this will be sufficient time for review.  However, if anyone
committed to reviewing the document needs additional time,
please let me know.

I would like to hear from *everyone* who reads the draft.
I will be soliciting implementation reports, with the objective
of being able to recommend that this be advanced to Draft Standard.

Randy Presuhn
disman WG chair

> From: "Juergen Quittek" <[email-masked]>
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Monday, February 16, 2004 1:48 PM
> Subject: Re: [Disman] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-v2-01.txt
>

---

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:30:28 -0800

Hi -

Randy Presuhn
disman WG chair