Subject: [Disman] Event MIB - some more examples?

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:33:22 +0200

Dear all,

As you probably saw from my previous email, we have implemented the 
EVENT-MIB.
In order to advertise this MIB, I'm thinking to post some extra useful 
examples.
This MIB is very flexible, but finding the right examples is not that 
easy... I mean examples with a good business case.

Currently, our working examples are:

- Customized notification.
A trigger will monitor the status of the ifOperStatus snmp-variable of 
all the interfaces. When this value changes for one of the interfaces, 
then a snmp-trap will be sent that will contain some customized fields: 
ifIndex, ifDescr, ifType, sysLocation, sysName.
This example uses the existence + notification functionalities of the 
EVENT-MIB

- Writing the new configuration automatically to a tftp server.
A trigger will monitor the status of the ccmHistoryRunningLastChanged 
snmp-variable. When the value
changes (which means that the config was possibly changed), a copy of 
the current config will be sent to a server via tftp.
This example uses the existence + SNMPSet functionalities of the EVENT-MIB

- Backup interface
A trigger will monitor the status of the ifInOctets snmp-variable of a 
specific the interface. When the delta reaches a threshold, a secondary 
line will be brought up using ifOperStatus. When the delta goes below a 
threshold then the secondary line will be shut down.
This example uses the threshold + SNMPSet functionalities of the EVENT-MIB

I'm wondering if you have in mind other good examples.
I would be happy to test them and to post the serie of SNMPSet commands.

Please let me know.

Regards, Benoit.

_
_