Subject: [Disman] Problem advancing remote operations

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:29:25 -0700

Hi -

I've merged the information from the various implementation reports
in preparation for requesting advancement to Draft Standard.  There's
just one little problem: I can find only one implementation report for
the DISMAN-NSLOOKUP-MIB module.  As I see it, we have a few options.

    1 Give draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-v2-04.txt to our AD now,
       recomending cycling at Proposed Standard, and, if another implementation
       report shows up, ask the IESG to advance it to Draft Standard without
       issuing a new RFC.

    2 Wait until another DISMAN-NSLOOKUP-MIB implementation report
      shows up, and then hand draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-v2-04.txt
      to our AD to take to the IESG for consideration as Draft Standard.

    3 Remove DISMAN-NSLOOKUP-MIB from the document, and request that
       the updated document be advanced.  Put the lookup MIB into a new
       document, requesting that it start out at Proposed Standard.

My personal preference would be option (1), but I'd like to hear from the
rest of the WG before proceding.

Please check the combined implementation report for errors or omissions.
(Best displayed using a monospace font.)  I'm really surprised that only one
implementation report for DISMAN-NSLOOKUP-MIB has shown up.

Randy
======================================================

Implementation |  Submitted By   |         Submitter's        |
     Report    |                 |           Address          |
---------------+-----------------+----------------------------+
        B      | J. Chen         | [email-masked]       |
        R      | Govind Haridass | [email-masked] |
        J      | Daniel Chuang   | [email-masked]        |

Report | Implementation Source
-------+-------------------------------------------------------
   B   | Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications
       | Network Information Center
   J   | Juniper
   R   | SNMP Research

Module: DISMAN-PING-MIB

Groups                 | Implementation |
Implemented            | B  |  J  |  R  |
-----------------------+----+-----+-----+
pingGroup              |  y |  y  |  y  |
pingNotificationsGroup |  y |  y  |  y  |
pingTimeStampGroup     |  y |  y  |  y  |

There were reports on three independent implementations, and all
supported all three object groups in this MIB module.  Additional
details on the individual objects implemented:

OBJECT-TYPE                    | Implementation |
access supported               | B  |  J  |  R  |
-------------------------------+----+-----+-----+
pingMaxConcurrentRequests      | -  | rw  | rw  |
pingCtlStorageType             | rw | rw  | rw  |
pingCtlType                    | rw | rw  | rw  |
pingCtlByPassRouteTable        | rw | rw  | rw  |
pingCtlSourceAddressType       | rw | rw  | rw  |
            unknown            | n  | y   | n   |
            ipv4               | n  | y   | y   |
            ipv6               | n  | n   | n   |
pingCtlSourceAddress           | rw | rw  | rw  |
pingCtlIfIndex                 | rw | rw  | rw  |
pingCtlDSField                 | rw | rw  | rw  |
pingResultsIpTargetAddressType | ro | ro  | ro  |
            unknown            | y  | y   | n   |
            ipv4               | y  | y   | y   |
            ipv6               | y  | n   | n   |
pingResultsIpTargetAddress     | ro | ro  | ro  |
     0                         | y  | y   |     |
     4                         | y  | y   |     |
     16                        | y  | n   |     |

Module: DISMAN-TRACEROUTE-MIB

There were reports on three independent implementations of
the DISMAN-TRACROUTE-MIB, and all three supported all four
groups.

Groups                       | Implementation |
Implemented                  | B  |  J  |  R  |
-----------------------------+----+-----+-----+
traceRouteGroup              | y  |  Y  |  Y  |
traceRouteTimeStampGroup     | y  |  Y  |  Y  |
traceRouteNotificationsGroup | y  |  Y  |  Y  |
traceRouteHopsTableGroup     | y  |  Y  |  Y  |

Additional details on support of specific OBJECT-TYPES:

OBJECT-TYPE                     | Implementation |
access supported                | B  |  J  |  R  |
--------------------------------+----+-----+-----+
traceRouteMaxConcurrentRequests | -  | rw  | rw  |
traceRouteCtlByPassRouteTable   | rw | rw  | rw  |
traceRouteCtlSourceAddressType  | rw | rw  | rw  |
traceRouteCtlSourceAddress      | rw | rw  | rw  |
traceRouteCtlIfIndex            | rw | rw  | rw  |
traceRouteCtlMiscOptions        | rw | rw  | ro  |
traceRouteCtlStorageType        | rw | rw  | rw  |
traceRouteCtlDSField            | rw | rw  | rw  |
traceRouteCtlType               | rw | rw  | rw  |
traceRouteResultsIpTgtAddrType  |    |     |     |
        unknown                 | y  | y   | n   |
        ipv4                    | y  | y   | y   |
        ipv6                    | y  | n   | n   |
traceRouteResultsIpTgtAddr      |    |     |     |
        0                       | y  | y   |     |
        4                       | y  | y   |     |
        16                      | y  | n   |     |
traceRouteProbeHistoryHAddrType |    |     |     |
        unknown                 | y  | y   | n   |
        ipv4                    | y  | y   | y   |
        ipv6                    | y  | n   | n   |
traceRouteProbeHistoryHAddr     |    |     |     |
        0                       | y  | y   |     |
        4                       | y  | y   |     |
        16                      | y  | n   |     |
traceRouteHopsIpTgtAddressType  |    |     |     |
        unknown                 | y  | y   | n   |
        ipv4                    | y  | y   | n   |
        ipv6                    | y  | n   | n   |
traceRouteHopsIpTgtAddress      |    |     |     |
        0                       | y  | y   |     |
        4                       | y  | y   |     |
        16                      | y  | n   |     |

Module: DISMAN-NSLOOKUP-MIB

There was one report of implementations of the DISMAN-NSLOOKUP-MIB
module.  It implemented the mandatory object group.

Groups                       | Implementation |
Implemented                  |       B        |
-----------------------------+----------------+
lookupGroup                  |       y        |

Additional details on support of specific OBJECT-TYPES:

OBJECT-TYPE                     | Implementation      |
access supported                |       B             |
--------------------------------+---------------------+
lookupMaxConcurrentRequests     | n (not implemented?)
lookupPurgeTime                 | n (not implemented?)
lookupCtlTargetAddressType      |
      ipv4                      |       y
      ipv6                      |       y
      dns                       |       y
lookupCtlTargetAddress          |
      ipv4                      |       y
      ipv6                      |       y
      dns                       |       y
lookupResultsAddressType        |
      ipv4                      |       y
      ipv6                      |       y
      dns                       |       y
lookupResultsAddress            |
      ipv4                      |       y
      ipv6                      |       y
      dns                       |       y