Subject: [Disman] RFC 3877 on Alarm Management Information Base (MIB)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:42:58 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3877

        Title:      Alarm Management Information Base (MIB)
        Author(s):  S. Chisholm, D. Romascanu
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      75
        Characters: 149783
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-disman-alarm-mib-18.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3877.txt

This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
In particular, it describes management objects used for modelling
and storing alarms.

This document is a product of the Distributed Management Working Group
of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.

---

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 15:03:52 -0700

Hi -

Congratulations to Sharon and Dan.  Their hard work and amazing
patience has paid off.  Thanks also go to the working group members
who took the time to review and comment on the many drafts.

Randy
disman WG chair

> From: <[email-masked]>
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Cc: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 8:42 AM
> Subject: [Disman] RFC 3877 on Alarm Management Information Base (MIB)
>