Subject: FW: [Disman] RFC 4560 on Definitions of Managed Objects for Remote Ping, Traceroute, and Lookup Operations

From: "Romascanu, Dan \(Dan\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 14:23:59 +0300

Congratulations to the editors, chair and all WG for the publication of
this document. 

This seems to be the last work item in the charter. 

Should we declare the WG concluded? 

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, July 01, 2006 2:02 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Disman] RFC 4560 on Definitions of Managed Objects for Remote
Ping,Traceroute, and Lookup Operations

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4560

        Title:      Definitions of Managed Objects for 
                    Remote Ping, Traceroute, and Lookup Operations 
        Author:     J. Quittek, Ed.,
                    K. White, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      100
        Characters: 207956
        Obsoletes:  RFC2925
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-v2-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4560.txt

This memo defines Management Information Bases (MIBs) for performing
ping, traceroute, and lookup operations at a host.  When managing a
network, it is useful to be able to initiate and retrieve the results of
ping or traceroute operations when they are performed at a remote host.
A lookup capability is defined in order to enable resolution of either
an IP address to an DNS name or a DNS name to an IP address at a remote
host.

Currently, there are several enterprise-specific MIBs for performing
remote ping or traceroute operations.  The purpose of this memo is to
define a standards-based solution to enable interoperability.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Distributed Management Working Group
of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be added to or
deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should be sent to
[email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending an
EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

---

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 22:43:07 -0700

Hi -

> From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2006 4:23 AM
> Subject: FW: [Disman] RFC 4560 on Definitions of Managed Objects for RemotePing, Traceroute, and Lookup Operations
>

...

Since there appears to be little interest in producing implementation
reports with sufficient detail to advance the WG's other documents,
I think declaring the WG concluded would be a reasonable course
of action.

Randy