Subject: [dispatch] Liaison statement from ETSI Human Factors

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 10:39:25 +0300

Folks,

FYI: we have received the following LS from ETSI HF:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/documents/LIAISON/file1085.doc

As you can see, it relates to the registration of two SIP header fields
and the use of MESSAGE requests. Per RFC 5727, the registration of the
header fields will require an expert review. The use of the MESSAGE
request will be discussed in the SIMPLE WG mailing list. We will return
a response to this LS once we have gotten input from the SIMPLE community.

Cheers,

Gonzalo

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 10:03:19 -0500

As input to whoever performs expert review on this document: I want to 
point out that the networks they're talking about are processing between 
0.0019 and 0.0063 calls per second. I don't think it's safe to 
extrapolate how well the approach will scale to larger networks from 
these kinds of traffic volumes.

In particular, the liaison statement claims that the normative 
statements in RFC 3428 can be safely ignored based on these trials: 
"Empirical evidence from all market deployments studied does not 
indicate any issues with overloaded SIP servers."

I don't think one can reasonably discard the recommendations of RFC 3428 
based on networks that process only 550 calls per day.

/a

On 9/3/10 2:39 AM, Gonzalo Camarillo wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> dispatch mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dispatch

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 10:42:49 -0500

Sorry -- wrong list. I meant to post this to SIMPLE. I'll re-send it there

/a

On 9/3/10 10:03 AM, Adam Roach wrote:
>  As input to whoever performs expert review on this document: I want 
> to point out that the networks they're talking about are processing 
> between 0.0019 and 0.0063 calls per second. I don't think it's safe to 
> I don't think one can reasonably discard the recommendations of RFC 
> 3428 based on networks that process only 550 calls per day.
>
> /a
>