Subject: [dmarc-ietf] Announcement and request for feedback: ARC Test Suite

From: Gene Shuman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 11:24:34 -0800

Hi All,

We’re very pleased to release our language-agnostic ARC Test Suite to the
group: https://github.com/ValiMail/arc_test_suite

The test suite can be run against any ARC implementation given certain
minimum requirements.  It has been validated against a working Python ARC
implementation, originally developed by Brandon Long and subsequently
modified and merged into dkimpy by ourselves and Scott Kitterman.

We’re releasing this test suite to 1) make it easier for everyone in the
community to consistently validate their ARC functionality, 2) help the
community in advance of the February 24th interop, and 3) get feedback on
the test suite to make it as robust as possible for everyone and resolve
any ambiguities in the specification.

The test suite format was taken from the OpenSPF test suite and and
consists of two sections, one for the generation of ARC header fields, the
other for their validation.  Test suite runners exist for Python, and we’d
be happy to accept contribution for other languages.

The suite is intended to be comprehensive.  As of today, the only portion
of the ARC draft that the suite does not cover is an open issue regarding
handling pathological headers not covered under section 5.2.1. We're
seeking clarity on this on the dmarc-ietf list because the behavior in this
case is not well-defined. Once resolved, we’ll update the test suite
accordingly.

If you have any questions or would like to contribute to the suite, please
feel free to reach out via one of the mailing lists or by opening an issue
on the Github repo.  We’d love your feedback. Thank you!

Gene, Peter, and Seth
ValiMail