Subject: [dmarc-ietf] Protocol Action: 'Message Header Field for Indicating Message Authentication Status' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dmarc-rfc7601bis-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 09:54:09 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Message Header Field for Indicating Message Authentication Status'
  (draft-ietf-dmarc-rfc7601bis-05.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Domain-based Message Authentication,
Reporting & Conformance Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adam Roach, Alexey Melnikov and Ben Campbell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmarc-rfc7601bis/

Technical Summary

   This document specifies a message header field called Authentication-
   Results for use with electronic mail messages to indicate the results
   of message authentication efforts.  Any receiver-side software, such
   as mail filters or Mail User Agents (MUAs), can use this header field
   to relay that information in a convenient and meaningful way to users
   or to make sorting and filtering decisions.

Working Group Summary

  There is strong consensus for this document in the DMARC WG.
  The WG set out to update 7601 with only minimal changes needed
  to bring the document current with existing practice (EAI),
  ongoing refinement of existing specification (DKIM), and change needed
  to simplify ongoing WG development (ABNF changes).
  Editorial changes are only picked up to correct errors and grammar nits.
  There was some appetite to include additional editorial and content
  changes, but the WG's scope required changes to be obvious and
  non-controversial.

Document Quality

   This is widely implemented specification and there are multiple
   implementations.

Personnel

  The Document Shepherd for this document is Tim Draegen.
  The responsible Area Director is Alexey Melnikov.