Subject: [dmarc-ietf] Question on ABNF

From: Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 15:10:45 -0400

So in looking at removing the "ri" tag from the document, I realized that
the ABNF reference needed to be removed also.
Thinking about that, I realized that when one adds a new tag to the
registry there should be a formalized way that it is represented in the
ABNF.   Perhaps the IANA Consideration section should also spell out that
for new tags, the specification should also include the incorporating ABNF.

tim

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 13:54:05 -0700

On 5/28/2021 12:10 PM, Tim Wicinski wrote:
> So in looking at removing the "ri" tag from the document, I realized 
> that the ABNF reference needed to be removed also.
> registry there should be a formalized way that it is represented in 
> the ABNF.   Perhaps the IANA Consideration section should also spell 
> out that for new tags, the specification should also include the 
> incorporating ABNF.
>
+1

d/

-- 
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking
bbiw.net

---

From: Seth Blank <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 15:26:05 -0700

Tim, please add a ticket for this

On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 13:54 Dave Crocker <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Brandenburg InternetWorkingbbiw.net
>
> _______________________________________________
> dmarc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dmarc
>
-- 

*Seth Blank* | VP, Product
*e:* [email-masked]
*p:* 415.273.8818

This email and all data transmitted with it contains confidential and/or
proprietary information intended solely for the use of individual(s)
authorized to receive it. If you are not an intended and authorized
recipient you are hereby notified of any use, disclosure, copying or
distribution of the information included in this transmission is prohibited
and may be unlawful. Please immediately notify the sender by replying to
this email and then delete it from your system.

---

From: Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 11:57:48 -0400

Seth

Done.  https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dmarc/ticket/116

I realize now in pulling this string that the PSD draft should include the
ABNF details for the "np" tag.
I'll work on some proposed text and have it ready for the RFC Editor.

tim