Subject: [dmarc-ietf] Consensus Sought - Ticket #4 (Definition of "fo" parameter) - With Interim Notes

From: Todd Herr <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 11:43:09 -0400

Greetings.

Consensus on Ticket #4 <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dmarc/ticket/4>(Definition
of "fo" parameter) was reached during the May 27 DMARC Interim to update
the definition of the "fo" parameter with the following sentence, as shown
in dmarcbis-01:

The value of this tag is either "0", "1", or a colon-separated list of the
options represented by alphabetic characters.

It is understood from the discussion that ABNF for the "fo" tag will have
to be updated, and this update will happen in the next version of dmarcbis,
scheduled for release in the next few weeks.

I seek consensus from the working group at large on this ticket, and
request that a decision be made by Friday, June 11. Discussions about this
issue should be contained in this thread.

Thank you.

-- 

*Todd Herr* | Sr. Technical Program Manager
*e:* [email-masked]
*m:* 703.220.4153

This email and all data transmitted with it contains confidential and/or
proprietary information intended solely for the use of individual(s)
authorized to receive it. If you are not an intended and authorized
recipient you are hereby notified of any use, disclosure, copying or
distribution of the information included in this transmission is prohibited
and may be unlawful. Please immediately notify the sender by replying to
this email and then delete it from your system.

---

From: Alessandro Vesely <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 18:45:45 +0200

>     options represented by alphabetic characters.

Works for me.

Ale
--

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 May 2021 13:41:27 -0400

>>     options represented by alphabetic characters.

Yes.

R's,
John

---

From: Dotzero <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 14:29:27 -0400

> >>     options represented by alphabetic characters.

+1

Michael Hammer

---

From: Steven M Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 17:29:01 -0700

On 5/28/21 08:43, Todd Herr wrote:
>
> Consensus on Ticket #4
> <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dmarc/ticket/4>(Definition of "fo"
> parameter) was reached during the May 27 DMARC Interim to update the
> definition of the "fo" parameter with the following sentence, as shown
> in dmarcbis-01:
>
>     The value of this tag is either "0", "1", or a colon-separated
>     list of the options represented by alphabetic characters.
>
>
> It is understood from the discussion that ABNF for the "fo" tag will
> have to be updated, and this update will happen in the next version of
> dmarcbis, scheduled for release in the next few weeks.

I support the proposed change.